P Parquet_Flooring | Parquet_floors | Parquet_Floors | Particleboard | Patching_Compound | Path_to_Ground | Paver_Tile | Personnel_Grounding_Device | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_floors | Pile | Pile | Pile | Pilot_Hole | Pith | Plank | Plank_flooring | Plank_Flooring | Plus_Carpet | Plush_Carpet | Plush_carpet | Plywood | Point-To-Point_Resistance | Polished_Tile | Polyethylene_Film | Porcelain_Enamel_Institute_(PEI)_Rating | Porcelain_Tile | Prefinished_Floor | Printed_carpet | Printed_Carpet | Pull_Bar |
1. Parquet Flooring
Woodwork floors set in geometric forms for design purposes.
Submitted on Saturday, May 06, 2017 2:39:35 PM
2. Parquet floors
Definition:Wood flooring, usually in the form of tiles, that is laid to creat a pattern.
Submitted on Thursday, July 07, 2016 2:39:35 PM
3. Parquet Floors:Flooring made up of wood that is laid or inlaid to create patterns, most often geometric ones.
Submitted on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 2:39:35 PM
Definition:A structural material often used for sub flooring. It is made from wood fragments that are mechanically pressed into a sheet and bonded with resin.
Submitted on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 2:39:35 PM
5. Patching Compound:A fill used to smooth or even the sub floor before installing a vinyl floor.
Submitted on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 2:39:35 PM
6. Path to Ground:-The electrical link between a conductive material and the earth. Electrical conduit is an example of path to ground; the neutral or "green wire" is attached to the conduit and discharges electricity safely to the earth through the metal housing and the pipes, encapsulating the "hot wires." A carpet must contain conductive fibers with external conductivity in order to be attached to a path to ground. Conductive carpet finds a path to ground from the combination of 1) conductive fibers; 2) conductive backing; 3) conductive adhesive; 4) copper grounding strip attached to conduit or building steel. A breach or omission in any of these four mechanisms will result in an open circuit and no path to ground.
Submitted on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:39:35 PM
7. Paver Tile:-Tile that is larger than six square inches.
Submitted on Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:39:35 PM
8. Personnel Grounding Device:An electrostatic discharge protective device designed to ground any electrostatic charge accumulated on a person.
Submitted on Thursday, February 04, 2016 2:39:35 PM
9. Pickled Floors:The result of rubbing white paint into previously stained and finished wood flooring for an informal or more casual look.
Submitted on Saturday, November 14, 2015 2:39:35 PM
10. Pickled Floors-The informal, casual look when you rub white paint into already stained or finished wood flooring.
Submitted on Monday, January 18, 2016 2:39:35 PM
11. Pickled floors
Rustic looking wood flooring that consists rubbed white paint over a finished wood floor.
Submitted on Thursday, November 20, 2014 2:39:35 PM
12. Pile:The visible wear surface of carpet, consisting of yarn tufts in loop and/or cur configuration. Sometimes called the face or nap of the carpet.
Submitted on Saturday, November 12, 2016 2:39:35 PM
General term for the surface or face of non-woven carpet. Pile is made of yarn tufts in loop and/or cut configuration.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 08, 2014 2:39:35 PM
14. Pile:The face of a carpet composed of cut ends of yarn.
Submitted on Saturday, October 24, 2015 2:39:35 PM
15. Pilot Hole:
A pre-drilled hole that makes it easier to nail or screw into a piece of wood without splitting it.
Submitted on Thursday, July 09, 2015 2:39:35 PM
16. Pith-The soft core near the center of a tree trunk or branch.
Submitted on Monday, August 17, 2015 2:39:35 PM
Boards that are three inches or wider.
Submitted on Sunday, May 29, 2016 2:39:35 PM
18. Plank flooring:
Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3-inches wide.
Submitted on Friday, July 31, 2015 2:39:35 PM
19. Plank Flooring:Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3 inches wide.
Submitted on Thursday, February 25, 2016 2:39:35 PM
20. Plus Carpet:-A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:39:35 PM
21. Plush Carpet
A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:39:35 PM
22. Plush carpet-(see chart) A smooth, even-cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 2:39:35 PM
23. Plywood:-A material made from sheets of wood glued or cemented together. Used as the underlayment for vinyl flooring. For strength, the grain alternates perpendicularly from piece to piece.
Submitted on Friday, January 22, 2016 2:39:35 PM
24. Point-To-Point Resistance
Definition:The resistance in ohms measured between two electrodes placed on any surface.
Submitted on Friday, March 03, 2017 2:39:35 PM
25. Polished Tile
Definition:A ceramic tile that is sanded to achieve a smoother finish.
Submitted on Sunday, December 07, 2014 2:39:35 PM
26. Polyethylene Film
Plastic sheets used as a vapor barrier to protect against excessive moisture.
Submitted on Monday, February 09, 2015 2:39:35 PM
27. Porcelain Enamel Institute (PEI) Rating
A rating system for wall and floor tile durability. Similar to the Wear Resistance Rating.
Submitted on Friday, September 09, 2016 2:39:35 PM
28. Porcelain Tile:A fine-grained ceramic tile made from dry-pressed porcelain clay.
Submitted on Sunday, December 06, 2015 2:39:35 PM
29. Prefinished Floor
A finished flooring that requires installation only.
Submitted on Thursday, July 28, 2016 2:39:35 PM
30. Printed carpet
Definition:Carpet having colored patterns applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Sunday, November 16, 2014 2:39:35 PM
31. Printed Carpet:
Carpet with pattern applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Friday, April 28, 2017 2:39:35 PM
32. Pull Bar-The tool used to tighten tongue and groove joints during the installation process.
Submitted on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:39:35 PM
Go Top | Glossary