P Parquet_Flooring | Parquet_floors | Parquet_Floors | Particleboard | Patching_Compound | Path_to_Ground | Paver_Tile | Personnel_Grounding_Device | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_floors | Pile | Pile | Pile | Pilot_Hole | Pith | Plank | Plank_flooring | Plank_Flooring | Plus_Carpet | Plush_Carpet | Plush_carpet | Plywood | Point-To-Point_Resistance | Polished_Tile | Polyethylene_Film | Porcelain_Enamel_Institute_(PEI)_Rating | Porcelain_Tile | Prefinished_Floor | Printed_carpet | Printed_Carpet | Pull_Bar |
1. Parquet Flooring:-Woodwork floors set in geometric forms for design purposes.
Submitted on Monday, July 06, 2015 3:13:41 AM
2. Parquet floors:
Wood flooring, usually in the form of tiles, that is laid to creat a pattern.
Submitted on Saturday, September 06, 2014 3:13:41 AM
3. Parquet Floors
Definition:Flooring made up of wood that is laid or inlaid to create patterns, most often geometric ones.
Submitted on Saturday, April 04, 2015 3:13:41 AM
4. Particleboard-A structural material often used for sub flooring. It is made from wood fragments that are mechanically pressed into a sheet and bonded with resin.
Submitted on Thursday, July 02, 2015 3:13:41 AM
5. Patching Compound:-A fill used to smooth or even the sub floor before installing a vinyl floor.
Submitted on Friday, February 20, 2015 3:13:41 AM
6. Path to Ground:The electrical link between a conductive material and the earth. Electrical conduit is an example of path to ground; the neutral or "green wire" is attached to the conduit and discharges electricity safely to the earth through the metal housing and the pipes, encapsulating the "hot wires." A carpet must contain conductive fibers with external conductivity in order to be attached to a path to ground. Conductive carpet finds a path to ground from the combination of 1) conductive fibers; 2) conductive backing; 3) conductive adhesive; 4) copper grounding strip attached to conduit or building steel. A breach or omission in any of these four mechanisms will result in an open circuit and no path to ground.
Submitted on Thursday, March 09, 2017 3:13:41 AM
7. Paver Tile-Tile that is larger than six square inches.
Submitted on Saturday, February 28, 2015 3:13:41 AM
8. Personnel Grounding Device:-An electrostatic discharge protective device designed to ground any electrostatic charge accumulated on a person.
Submitted on Saturday, December 31, 2016 3:13:41 AM
9. Pickled Floors
Definition:The result of rubbing white paint into previously stained and finished wood flooring for an informal or more casual look.
Submitted on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:13:41 AM
10. Pickled Floors
The informal, casual look when you rub white paint into already stained or finished wood flooring.
Submitted on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:13:41 AM
11. Pickled floors:-Rustic looking wood flooring that consists rubbed white paint over a finished wood floor.
Submitted on Saturday, October 17, 2015 3:13:41 AM
Definition:The visible wear surface of carpet, consisting of yarn tufts in loop and/or cur configuration. Sometimes called the face or nap of the carpet.
Submitted on Monday, January 12, 2015 3:13:41 AM
General term for the surface or face of non-woven carpet. Pile is made of yarn tufts in loop and/or cut configuration.
Submitted on Friday, September 04, 2015 3:13:41 AM
14. Pile:-The face of a carpet composed of cut ends of yarn.
Submitted on Monday, September 19, 2016 3:13:41 AM
15. Pilot Hole:A pre-drilled hole that makes it easier to nail or screw into a piece of wood without splitting it.
Submitted on Saturday, June 04, 2016 3:13:41 AM
The soft core near the center of a tree trunk or branch.
Submitted on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:13:41 AM
17. Plank:-Boards that are three inches or wider.
Submitted on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 3:13:41 AM
18. Plank flooring:Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3-inches wide.
Submitted on Sunday, June 26, 2016 3:13:41 AM
19. Plank Flooring
Definition:Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3 inches wide.
Submitted on Saturday, January 21, 2017 3:13:41 AM
20. Plus Carpet-A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Friday, July 25, 2014 3:13:41 AM
21. Plush Carpet:-A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Saturday, December 10, 2016 3:13:41 AM
22. Plush carpet
Definition:(see chart) A smooth, even-cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Friday, April 01, 2016 3:13:41 AM
23. Plywood:A material made from sheets of wood glued or cemented together. Used as the underlayment for vinyl flooring. For strength, the grain alternates perpendicularly from piece to piece.
Submitted on Sunday, December 18, 2016 3:13:41 AM
24. Point-To-Point Resistance:
The resistance in ohms measured between two electrodes placed on any surface.
Submitted on Sunday, May 03, 2015 3:13:41 AM
25. Polished Tile:
A ceramic tile that is sanded to achieve a smoother finish.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 3:13:41 AM
26. Polyethylene Film:-Plastic sheets used as a vapor barrier to protect against excessive moisture.
Submitted on Thursday, January 07, 2016 3:13:41 AM
27. Porcelain Enamel Institute (PEI) Rating:-A rating system for wall and floor tile durability. Similar to the Wear Resistance Rating.
Submitted on Sunday, November 09, 2014 3:13:41 AM
28. Porcelain Tile
Definition:A fine-grained ceramic tile made from dry-pressed porcelain clay.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 3:13:41 AM
29. Prefinished Floor:
A finished flooring that requires installation only.
Submitted on Saturday, September 27, 2014 3:13:41 AM
30. Printed carpet-Carpet having colored patterns applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:13:41 AM
31. Printed Carpet
Carpet with pattern applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Sunday, June 28, 2015 3:13:41 AM
32. Pull Bar
The tool used to tighten tongue and groove joints during the installation process.
Submitted on Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:13:41 AM
Go Top | Glossary