P Parquet_Flooring | Parquet_floors | Parquet_Floors | Particleboard | Patching_Compound | Path_to_Ground | Paver_Tile | Personnel_Grounding_Device | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_floors | Pile | Pile | Pile | Pilot_Hole | Pith | Plank | Plank_flooring | Plank_Flooring | Plus_Carpet | Plush_Carpet | Plush_carpet | Plywood | Point-To-Point_Resistance | Polished_Tile | Polyethylene_Film | Porcelain_Enamel_Institute_(PEI)_Rating | Porcelain_Tile | Prefinished_Floor | Printed_carpet | Printed_Carpet | Pull_Bar |
1. Parquet Flooring-Woodwork floors set in geometric forms for design purposes.
Submitted on Saturday, October 17, 2015 9:56:54 PM
2. Parquet floors:Wood flooring, usually in the form of tiles, that is laid to creat a pattern.
Submitted on Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:56:54 PM
3. Parquet Floors:
Flooring made up of wood that is laid or inlaid to create patterns, most often geometric ones.
Submitted on Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:56:54 PM
A structural material often used for sub flooring. It is made from wood fragments that are mechanically pressed into a sheet and bonded with resin.
Submitted on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 9:56:54 PM
5. Patching Compound-A fill used to smooth or even the sub floor before installing a vinyl floor.
Submitted on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 9:56:54 PM
6. Path to Ground
Definition:The electrical link between a conductive material and the earth. Electrical conduit is an example of path to ground; the neutral or "green wire" is attached to the conduit and discharges electricity safely to the earth through the metal housing and the pipes, encapsulating the "hot wires." A carpet must contain conductive fibers with external conductivity in order to be attached to a path to ground. Conductive carpet finds a path to ground from the combination of 1) conductive fibers; 2) conductive backing; 3) conductive adhesive; 4) copper grounding strip attached to conduit or building steel. A breach or omission in any of these four mechanisms will result in an open circuit and no path to ground.
Submitted on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 9:56:54 PM
7. Paver Tile
Tile that is larger than six square inches.
Submitted on Thursday, June 11, 2015 9:56:54 PM
8. Personnel Grounding Device:
An electrostatic discharge protective device designed to ground any electrostatic charge accumulated on a person.
Submitted on Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:56:54 PM
9. Pickled Floors:
The result of rubbing white paint into previously stained and finished wood flooring for an informal or more casual look.
Submitted on Sunday, April 27, 2014 9:56:54 PM
10. Pickled Floors:-The informal, casual look when you rub white paint into already stained or finished wood flooring.
Submitted on Monday, June 30, 2014 9:56:54 PM
11. Pickled floors-Rustic looking wood flooring that consists rubbed white paint over a finished wood floor.
Submitted on Thursday, January 28, 2016 9:56:54 PM
The visible wear surface of carpet, consisting of yarn tufts in loop and/or cur configuration. Sometimes called the face or nap of the carpet.
Submitted on Saturday, April 25, 2015 9:56:54 PM
13. Pile:General term for the surface or face of non-woven carpet. Pile is made of yarn tufts in loop and/or cut configuration.
Submitted on Thursday, December 17, 2015 9:56:54 PM
14. Pile-The face of a carpet composed of cut ends of yarn.
Submitted on Saturday, April 05, 2014 9:56:54 PM
15. Pilot Hole
Definition:A pre-drilled hole that makes it easier to nail or screw into a piece of wood without splitting it.
Submitted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:56:54 PM
16. Pith:-The soft core near the center of a tree trunk or branch.
Submitted on Monday, January 27, 2014 9:56:54 PM
17. Plank-Boards that are three inches or wider.
Submitted on Sunday, November 09, 2014 9:56:54 PM
18. Plank flooring
Definition:Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3-inches wide.
Submitted on Friday, January 10, 2014 9:56:54 PM
19. Plank Flooring:
Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3 inches wide.
Submitted on Friday, August 08, 2014 9:56:54 PM
20. Plus Carpet
A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 9:56:54 PM
21. Plush Carpet-A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:56:54 PM
22. Plush carpet:-(see chart) A smooth, even-cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:56:54 PM
Definition:A material made from sheets of wood glued or cemented together. Used as the underlayment for vinyl flooring. For strength, the grain alternates perpendicularly from piece to piece.
Submitted on Friday, July 04, 2014 9:56:54 PM
24. Point-To-Point Resistance:The resistance in ohms measured between two electrodes placed on any surface.
Submitted on Friday, August 14, 2015 9:56:54 PM
25. Polished Tile:A ceramic tile that is sanded to achieve a smoother finish.
Submitted on Monday, February 15, 2016 9:56:54 PM
26. Polyethylene Film-Plastic sheets used as a vapor barrier to protect against excessive moisture.
Submitted on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:56:54 PM
27. Porcelain Enamel Institute (PEI) Rating-A rating system for wall and floor tile durability. Similar to the Wear Resistance Rating.
Submitted on Friday, February 20, 2015 9:56:54 PM
28. Porcelain Tile:
A fine-grained ceramic tile made from dry-pressed porcelain clay.
Submitted on Sunday, May 18, 2014 9:56:54 PM
29. Prefinished Floor:A finished flooring that requires installation only.
Submitted on Thursday, January 08, 2015 9:56:54 PM
30. Printed carpet:Carpet having colored patterns applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Sunday, January 24, 2016 9:56:54 PM
31. Printed Carpet
Definition:Carpet with pattern applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Friday, October 09, 2015 9:56:54 PM
32. Pull Bar:-The tool used to tighten tongue and groove joints during the installation process.
Submitted on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:56:54 PM
Go Top | Glossary