P Parquet_Flooring | Parquet_floors | Parquet_Floors | Particleboard | Patching_Compound | Path_to_Ground | Paver_Tile | Personnel_Grounding_Device | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_floors | Pile | Pile | Pile | Pilot_Hole | Pith | Plank | Plank_flooring | Plank_Flooring | Plus_Carpet | Plush_Carpet | Plush_carpet | Plywood | Point-To-Point_Resistance | Polished_Tile | Polyethylene_Film | Porcelain_Enamel_Institute_(PEI)_Rating | Porcelain_Tile | Prefinished_Floor | Printed_carpet | Printed_Carpet | Pull_Bar |
1. Parquet Flooring
Woodwork floors set in geometric forms for design purposes.
Submitted on Sunday, May 20, 2018 10:59:02 PM
2. Parquet floors
Definition:Wood flooring, usually in the form of tiles, that is laid to creat a pattern.
Submitted on Thursday, April 16, 2020 10:59:02 PM
3. Parquet Floors:Flooring made up of wood that is laid or inlaid to create patterns, most often geometric ones.
Submitted on Thursday, November 12, 2020 10:59:02 PM
4. Particleboard:A structural material often used for sub flooring. It is made from wood fragments that are mechanically pressed into a sheet and bonded with resin.
Submitted on Tuesday, October 29, 2019 10:59:02 PM
5. Patching Compound:
A fill used to smooth or even the sub floor before installing a vinyl floor.
Submitted on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:59:02 PM
6. Path to Ground
The electrical link between a conductive material and the earth. Electrical conduit is an example of path to ground; the neutral or "green wire" is attached to the conduit and discharges electricity safely to the earth through the metal housing and the pipes, encapsulating the "hot wires." A carpet must contain conductive fibers with external conductivity in order to be attached to a path to ground. Conductive carpet finds a path to ground from the combination of 1) conductive fibers; 2) conductive backing; 3) conductive adhesive; 4) copper grounding strip attached to conduit or building steel. A breach or omission in any of these four mechanisms will result in an open circuit and no path to ground.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:59:02 PM
7. Paver Tile
Tile that is larger than six square inches.
Submitted on Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:59:02 PM
8. Personnel Grounding Device:
An electrostatic discharge protective device designed to ground any electrostatic charge accumulated on a person.
Submitted on Thursday, August 02, 2018 10:59:02 PM
9. Pickled Floors:
The result of rubbing white paint into previously stained and finished wood flooring for an informal or more casual look.
Submitted on Sunday, May 13, 2018 10:59:02 PM
10. Pickled Floors:-The informal, casual look when you rub white paint into already stained or finished wood flooring.
Submitted on Monday, July 16, 2018 10:59:02 PM
11. Pickled floors:
Rustic looking wood flooring that consists rubbed white paint over a finished wood floor.
Submitted on Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:59:02 PM
12. Pile:-The visible wear surface of carpet, consisting of yarn tufts in loop and/or cur configuration. Sometimes called the face or nap of the carpet.
Submitted on Saturday, May 11, 2019 10:59:02 PM
13. Pile-General term for the surface or face of non-woven carpet. Pile is made of yarn tufts in loop and/or cut configuration.
Submitted on Thursday, January 02, 2020 10:59:02 PM
The face of a carpet composed of cut ends of yarn.
Submitted on Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:59:02 PM
15. Pilot Hole-A pre-drilled hole that makes it easier to nail or screw into a piece of wood without splitting it.
Submitted on Thursday, June 20, 2019 10:59:02 PM
16. Pith:The soft core near the center of a tree trunk or branch.
Submitted on Monday, July 29, 2019 10:59:02 PM
Definition:Boards that are three inches or wider.
Submitted on Sunday, May 10, 2020 10:59:02 PM
18. Plank flooring:
Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3-inches wide.
Submitted on Friday, July 12, 2019 10:59:02 PM
19. Plank Flooring
Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3 inches wide.
Submitted on Thursday, February 06, 2020 10:59:02 PM
20. Plus Carpet
A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:59:02 PM
21. Plush Carpet-A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:59:02 PM
22. Plush carpet:-(see chart) A smooth, even-cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Wednesday, September 30, 2020 10:59:02 PM
A material made from sheets of wood glued or cemented together. Used as the underlayment for vinyl flooring. For strength, the grain alternates perpendicularly from piece to piece.
Submitted on Thursday, September 20, 2018 10:59:02 PM
24. Point-To-Point Resistance:The resistance in ohms measured between two electrodes placed on any surface.
Submitted on Friday, November 01, 2019 10:59:02 PM
25. Polished Tile:A ceramic tile that is sanded to achieve a smoother finish.
Submitted on Sunday, May 03, 2020 10:59:02 PM
26. Polyethylene Film-Plastic sheets used as a vapor barrier to protect against excessive moisture.
Submitted on Monday, July 06, 2020 10:59:02 PM
27. Porcelain Enamel Institute (PEI) Rating-A rating system for wall and floor tile durability. Similar to the Wear Resistance Rating.
Submitted on Friday, May 10, 2019 10:59:02 PM
28. Porcelain Tile:
A fine-grained ceramic tile made from dry-pressed porcelain clay.
Submitted on Sunday, August 05, 2018 10:59:02 PM
29. Prefinished Floor:-A finished flooring that requires installation only.
Submitted on Thursday, March 28, 2019 10:59:02 PM
30. Printed carpet:-Carpet having colored patterns applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Saturday, December 29, 2018 10:59:02 PM
31. Printed Carpet-Carpet with pattern applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:59:02 PM
32. Pull Bar:The tool used to tighten tongue and groove joints during the installation process.
Submitted on Monday, October 26, 2020 10:59:02 PM
Go Top | Glossary