P Parquet_Flooring | Parquet_floors | Parquet_Floors | Particleboard | Patching_Compound | Path_to_Ground | Paver_Tile | Personnel_Grounding_Device | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_floors | Pile | Pile | Pile | Pilot_Hole | Pith | Plank | Plank_flooring | Plank_Flooring | Plus_Carpet | Plush_Carpet | Plush_carpet | Plywood | Point-To-Point_Resistance | Polished_Tile | Polyethylene_Film | Porcelain_Enamel_Institute_(PEI)_Rating | Porcelain_Tile | Prefinished_Floor | Printed_carpet | Printed_Carpet | Pull_Bar |
1. Parquet Flooring
Definition:Woodwork floors set in geometric forms for design purposes.
Submitted on Sunday, August 10, 2014 11:09:15 AM
2. Parquet floors:-Wood flooring, usually in the form of tiles, that is laid to creat a pattern.
Submitted on Friday, July 08, 2016 11:09:15 AM
3. Parquet Floors
Flooring made up of wood that is laid or inlaid to create patterns, most often geometric ones.
Submitted on Thursday, May 08, 2014 11:09:15 AM
A structural material often used for sub flooring. It is made from wood fragments that are mechanically pressed into a sheet and bonded with resin.
Submitted on Wednesday, August 06, 2014 11:09:15 AM
5. Patching Compound
Definition:A fill used to smooth or even the sub floor before installing a vinyl floor.
Submitted on Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:09:15 AM
6. Path to Ground-The electrical link between a conductive material and the earth. Electrical conduit is an example of path to ground; the neutral or "green wire" is attached to the conduit and discharges electricity safely to the earth through the metal housing and the pipes, encapsulating the "hot wires." A carpet must contain conductive fibers with external conductivity in order to be attached to a path to ground. Conductive carpet finds a path to ground from the combination of 1) conductive fibers; 2) conductive backing; 3) conductive adhesive; 4) copper grounding strip attached to conduit or building steel. A breach or omission in any of these four mechanisms will result in an open circuit and no path to ground.
Submitted on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 11:09:15 AM
7. Paver Tile:
Tile that is larger than six square inches.
Submitted on Friday, April 04, 2014 11:09:15 AM
8. Personnel Grounding Device
An electrostatic discharge protective device designed to ground any electrostatic charge accumulated on a person.
Submitted on Friday, February 05, 2016 11:09:15 AM
9. Pickled Floors
The result of rubbing white paint into previously stained and finished wood flooring for an informal or more casual look.
Submitted on Sunday, November 15, 2015 11:09:15 AM
10. Pickled Floors:The informal, casual look when you rub white paint into already stained or finished wood flooring.
Submitted on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 11:09:15 AM
11. Pickled floors
Definition:Rustic looking wood flooring that consists rubbed white paint over a finished wood floor.
Submitted on Friday, November 21, 2014 11:09:15 AM
The visible wear surface of carpet, consisting of yarn tufts in loop and/or cur configuration. Sometimes called the face or nap of the carpet.
Submitted on Sunday, February 16, 2014 11:09:15 AM
13. Pile:-General term for the surface or face of non-woven carpet. Pile is made of yarn tufts in loop and/or cut configuration.
Submitted on Thursday, October 09, 2014 11:09:15 AM
Definition:The face of a carpet composed of cut ends of yarn.
Submitted on Sunday, October 25, 2015 11:09:15 AM
15. Pilot Hole-A pre-drilled hole that makes it easier to nail or screw into a piece of wood without splitting it.
Submitted on Friday, July 10, 2015 11:09:15 AM
16. Pith:The soft core near the center of a tree trunk or branch.
Submitted on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:09:15 AM
Definition:Boards that are three inches or wider.
Submitted on Monday, May 30, 2016 11:09:15 AM
18. Plank flooring-Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3-inches wide.
Submitted on Saturday, August 01, 2015 11:09:15 AM
19. Plank Flooring
Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3 inches wide.
Submitted on Friday, February 26, 2016 11:09:15 AM
20. Plus Carpet:
A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Thursday, May 26, 2016 11:09:15 AM
21. Plush Carpet
Definition:A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Friday, January 15, 2016 11:09:15 AM
22. Plush carpet:(see chart) A smooth, even-cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Thursday, May 07, 2015 11:09:15 AM
23. Plywood-A material made from sheets of wood glued or cemented together. Used as the underlayment for vinyl flooring. For strength, the grain alternates perpendicularly from piece to piece.
Submitted on Saturday, January 23, 2016 11:09:15 AM
24. Point-To-Point Resistance:-The resistance in ohms measured between two electrodes placed on any surface.
Submitted on Saturday, June 07, 2014 11:09:15 AM
25. Polished Tile:-A ceramic tile that is sanded to achieve a smoother finish.
Submitted on Monday, December 08, 2014 11:09:15 AM
26. Polyethylene Film
Definition:Plastic sheets used as a vapor barrier to protect against excessive moisture.
Submitted on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:09:15 AM
27. Porcelain Enamel Institute (PEI) Rating
Definition:A rating system for wall and floor tile durability. Similar to the Wear Resistance Rating.
Submitted on Saturday, September 10, 2016 11:09:15 AM
28. Porcelain Tile
A fine-grained ceramic tile made from dry-pressed porcelain clay.
Submitted on Monday, December 07, 2015 11:09:15 AM
29. Prefinished Floor:-A finished flooring that requires installation only.
Submitted on Friday, July 29, 2016 11:09:15 AM
30. Printed carpet:-Carpet having colored patterns applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Monday, November 17, 2014 11:09:15 AM
31. Printed Carpet-Carpet with pattern applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Saturday, August 02, 2014 11:09:15 AM
32. Pull Bar:The tool used to tighten tongue and groove joints during the installation process.
Submitted on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 11:09:15 AM
Go Top | Glossary