P Parquet_Flooring | Parquet_floors | Parquet_Floors | Particleboard | Patching_Compound | Path_to_Ground | Paver_Tile | Personnel_Grounding_Device | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_floors | Pile | Pile | Pile | Pilot_Hole | Pith | Plank | Plank_flooring | Plank_Flooring | Plus_Carpet | Plush_Carpet | Plush_carpet | Plywood | Point-To-Point_Resistance | Polished_Tile | Polyethylene_Film | Porcelain_Enamel_Institute_(PEI)_Rating | Porcelain_Tile | Prefinished_Floor | Printed_carpet | Printed_Carpet | Pull_Bar |
1. Parquet Flooring-Woodwork floors set in geometric forms for design purposes.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:58:32 PM
2. Parquet floors
Wood flooring, usually in the form of tiles, that is laid to creat a pattern.
Submitted on Sunday, December 28, 2014 11:58:32 PM
3. Parquet Floors:
Flooring made up of wood that is laid or inlaid to create patterns, most often geometric ones.
Submitted on Sunday, July 26, 2015 11:58:32 PM
A structural material often used for sub flooring. It is made from wood fragments that are mechanically pressed into a sheet and bonded with resin.
Submitted on Saturday, October 24, 2015 11:58:32 PM
5. Patching Compound-A fill used to smooth or even the sub floor before installing a vinyl floor.
Submitted on Saturday, June 13, 2015 11:58:32 PM
6. Path to Ground
Definition:The electrical link between a conductive material and the earth. Electrical conduit is an example of path to ground; the neutral or "green wire" is attached to the conduit and discharges electricity safely to the earth through the metal housing and the pipes, encapsulating the "hot wires." A carpet must contain conductive fibers with external conductivity in order to be attached to a path to ground. Conductive carpet finds a path to ground from the combination of 1) conductive fibers; 2) conductive backing; 3) conductive adhesive; 4) copper grounding strip attached to conduit or building steel. A breach or omission in any of these four mechanisms will result in an open circuit and no path to ground.
Submitted on Saturday, October 04, 2014 11:58:32 PM
7. Paver Tile
Definition:Tile that is larger than six square inches.
Submitted on Monday, June 22, 2015 11:58:32 PM
8. Personnel Grounding Device-An electrostatic discharge protective device designed to ground any electrostatic charge accumulated on a person.
Submitted on Monday, July 28, 2014 11:58:32 PM
9. Pickled Floors-The result of rubbing white paint into previously stained and finished wood flooring for an informal or more casual look.
Submitted on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 11:58:32 PM
10. Pickled Floors:
The informal, casual look when you rub white paint into already stained or finished wood flooring.
Submitted on Thursday, July 10, 2014 11:58:32 PM
11. Pickled floors-Rustic looking wood flooring that consists rubbed white paint over a finished wood floor.
Submitted on Monday, February 08, 2016 11:58:32 PM
The visible wear surface of carpet, consisting of yarn tufts in loop and/or cur configuration. Sometimes called the face or nap of the carpet.
Submitted on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 11:58:32 PM
13. Pile:General term for the surface or face of non-woven carpet. Pile is made of yarn tufts in loop and/or cut configuration.
Submitted on Sunday, December 27, 2015 11:58:32 PM
14. Pile-The face of a carpet composed of cut ends of yarn.
Submitted on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:58:32 PM
15. Pilot Hole:-A pre-drilled hole that makes it easier to nail or screw into a piece of wood without splitting it.
Submitted on Monday, December 30, 2013 11:58:32 PM
The soft core near the center of a tree trunk or branch.
Submitted on Friday, February 07, 2014 11:58:32 PM
17. Plank:Boards that are three inches or wider.
Submitted on Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:58:32 PM
18. Plank flooring
Definition:Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3-inches wide.
Submitted on Monday, January 20, 2014 11:58:32 PM
19. Plank Flooring-Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3 inches wide.
Submitted on Monday, August 18, 2014 11:58:32 PM
20. Plus Carpet
A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Sunday, November 16, 2014 11:58:32 PM
21. Plush Carpet-A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Sunday, July 06, 2014 11:58:32 PM
22. Plush carpet:
(see chart) A smooth, even-cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Sunday, October 27, 2013 11:58:32 PM
Definition:A material made from sheets of wood glued or cemented together. Used as the underlayment for vinyl flooring. For strength, the grain alternates perpendicularly from piece to piece.
Submitted on Monday, July 14, 2014 11:58:32 PM
24. Point-To-Point Resistance
The resistance in ohms measured between two electrodes placed on any surface.
Submitted on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:58:32 PM
25. Polished Tile
A ceramic tile that is sanded to achieve a smoother finish.
Submitted on Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:58:32 PM
26. Polyethylene Film-Plastic sheets used as a vapor barrier to protect against excessive moisture.
Submitted on Friday, April 29, 2016 11:58:32 PM
27. Porcelain Enamel Institute (PEI) Rating-A rating system for wall and floor tile durability. Similar to the Wear Resistance Rating.
Submitted on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 11:58:32 PM
28. Porcelain Tile:
A fine-grained ceramic tile made from dry-pressed porcelain clay.
Submitted on Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:58:32 PM
29. Prefinished Floor:A finished flooring that requires installation only.
Submitted on Monday, January 19, 2015 11:58:32 PM
30. Printed carpet
Carpet having colored patterns applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Thursday, February 04, 2016 11:58:32 PM
31. Printed Carpet:-Carpet with pattern applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 11:58:32 PM
32. Pull Bar:
The tool used to tighten tongue and groove joints during the installation process.
Submitted on Saturday, March 07, 2015 11:58:32 PM
Go Top | Glossary