W Wall_Tile | Water_Absorption_Rating | Wear_Layer | Wear_Layer | Wear_Resistance | Wear_Resistance_Rating | Wilton_carpet | Wilton_Carpet | Wire_Brushing | Wood_flooring | Wood_Flooring | Wood_Flooring | Woven_carpet | Woven_Carpet |
1. Wall Tile
Ceramic tiles meant for indoor use. Not meant to withstand major impact or heat changes.
Submitted on Sunday, July 27, 2014 5:41:06 AM
2. Water Absorption Rating:-Ceramic tiles are classified by their water absorption rates. Non-vitreous tiles have greater than 7% absorption. Semi-vitreous tiles have between 3% and 7% absorption. Vitreous tiles have between 0.5% and 3% absorption. Impervious tiles have less than 0.5% absorption.
Submitted on Thursday, June 23, 2016 5:41:06 AM
3. Wear Layer:The finish layer of an engineered floating floor such as Hardwood, Cork or Linoleum, adhered to an HDF core. A wear layer may be natural or stained with a finish colour. The wear layer is usually coated by a top layer of urethane.
Submitted on Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:41:06 AM
4. Wear Layer:-The layer of flooring that covers a pattern effect.
Submitted on Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:41:06 AM
5. Wear Resistance
The ability of the surface protection (such as aluminum oxide or urethane) that has been applied to either the decor layer or the wear layer, to withstand normal traffic.
Submitted on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 5:41:06 AM
6. Wear Resistance Rating:
This measures the hardness of the glaze on a ceramic tile. PEI 1 and 2 are typically for residential use while PEI 3-5 are for commercial. As the number goes up, the resistance to wear does. PEI 5, then is for the heaviest commercial use.
Submitted on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:41:06 AM
7. Wilton carpet:
Carpet woven on Wilton looms in England. A traditional carpet that has a distinguished history.
Submitted on Thursday, December 15, 2016 5:41:06 AM
8. Wilton Carpet
Woven carpet made in a variety of patterns and textures but with a limited number of colors per pattern.
Submitted on Friday, January 22, 2016 5:41:06 AM
9. Wire Brushing
A way to create a distressed appearance to the surface of hardwood flooring.
Submitted on Sunday, November 01, 2015 5:41:06 AM
10. Wood flooring:Most wood flooring includes hardwoods such as oak, maple, pecan, beech and birch. There is solid wood flooring and laminated, which combines wood layered in different directions for strength and to inhibit warping. Most wood flooring today is prefinished at the factory for ease of installations and uniformity of finish.
Submitted on Monday, January 04, 2016 5:41:06 AM
11. Wood Flooring
Most often made from hardwoods like maple, pecan, beech, birch or oak.
Submitted on Friday, November 07, 2014 5:41:06 AM
12. Wood Flooring:Most wood flooring is made of hardwoods, such as oak, maple, pecan, beech and birch. There is solid wood flooring and laminated, which combines wood layered in different directions for strength and to inhibit warping. Most wood flooring today is prefinished at the factory to ease of installation and uniformity of finish.
Submitted on Sunday, October 30, 2016 5:41:06 AM
13. Woven carpet
Definition:Carpets created on looms which intertwine lengthwise with widthwise yarns. Examples of woven carpet are Kilim, Axminster and Wilton.
Submitted on Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:41:06 AM
14. Woven Carpet
Looms interlace warp (lengthwise) and filling (widthwise) yarns to create a sturdy textile for the floor. Much woven carpet is produced in intricate, colorful patterns. Types of woven carpet include Axminster and Wilton.
Submitted on Sunday, October 11, 2015 5:41:06 AM
Go Top | Glossary