L Laminate | Laminate | Laminate_flooring | Laminate_Flooring | LAN | Level_Loop | Level_loop_carpet | Linoleum | Linoleum | Linoleum | Locking_Installation_System | Loop_Pile_Carpet | Low_kV |
1. Laminate:-A hard-surface floorcovering made with a melamine-impregnated decor layer with an aluminum oxide finish layer, and a HDF core on top of a melamine backing layer. Laminate floors have a high-resolution photo of wood on the top layer whereas engineered wood floors have a top layer of real wood.
Submitted on Monday, June 03, 2019 10:39:13 PM
2. Laminate-A thin layer of plastic or wood glued to an inner core. Laminate backing refers to a coating fused to the back of a floor to keep it from warping.
Submitted on Friday, August 03, 2018 10:39:13 PM
3. Laminate flooring
Definition:Dense fiberboard core with a paper pattern layer sealed under high pressure with a plastic-like substance. Sold as planks and panels in which the paper layer depicts a natural flooring such as wood or stone.
Submitted on Friday, March 01, 2019 10:39:13 PM
4. Laminate Flooring-Relatively new to North America, laminates have a dense fiberboard core with a paper pattern layer sealed under high pressure both top and bottom with a plastic-like substance. Sold as planks and panels in wood, stone, tile and other looks.
Submitted on Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:39:13 PM
5. LAN:-An acronym for Local Area Network.
Submitted on Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:39:13 PM
6. Level Loop:A carpet style - woven or tufted - with a same height loop surface. See Berber.
Submitted on Thursday, May 10, 2018 10:39:13 PM
7. Level loop carpet:Woven or tufted carpet having all yarns looped to identical heights creating an even or level surface. Berbers are level loop carpets in which the loops are relatively long.
Submitted on Friday, January 25, 2019 10:39:13 PM
8. Linoleum:-First resilient floor made of linseed oil, gums, cork or wood dust and pigments. Widely used in the 1950's and greatly admired for the variety of patterns and colors, linoleum was replaced with vinyl flooring and has passed into history. It is no longer available in the United States.
Submitted on Saturday, November 28, 2020 10:39:13 PM
9. Linoleum:-A durable, washable, resilient floor covering made from a mixture of rosin, gums, heated linseed oil, powdered cork, and pigments.
Submitted on Monday, September 07, 2020 10:39:13 PM
Definition:One of the first resilient floors, it was introduced in the 1800s. Made of linseed oil, gums, cork or wood dust and pigments, linoleum is no longer manufactured in the U.S. Often the term is used incorrectly to describe resilient floors made of vinyl.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 10, 2020 10:39:13 PM
11. Locking Installation System:-An easy installation system where tongue and groove flooring boards are locked together.
Submitted on Saturday, September 14, 2019 10:39:13 PM
12. Loop Pile Carpet
Definition:Carpet style having a surface made up of uncut loops.
Submitted on Monday, December 10, 2018 10:39:13 PM
13. Low kV:
Low kV is a synonym for antistatic carpet. Low kV carpet will not generate as much static electricity as standard carpet. Low kV carpet reduces the shock hazards associated with walking on standard carpet. The typical human threshold for feeling a static zap is 3.5 kV or three thousand five hundred (3500) volts. Most low kV carpet will inhibit static sufficiently so the people do not feel painful shocks. Low kV carpet cannot be grounded and will not reduce static electricity when the humidity is low or after extended carpet wear.
Submitted on Friday, August 02, 2019 10:39:13 PM
Go Top | Glossary