F Fiberboard | Filler_(or_Fill) | Finish | Flat_Finish | Floating_Floor | Floating_Reducer | Floating_Stair_Nose | Floor_Contacting_Surface_(FCS) | Floor_Joists | Floor_Tile | Flooring/Foot_Grounder_System_Resistance | Floorologist | Foam_Underlayment | Foot_Grounder | Foot_Grounder_System_Resistance | Frieze | Frieze | Frieze |
1. Fiberboard:-A generic term for sheet materials.
Submitted on Monday, September 07, 2015 2:57:28 PM
2. Filler (or Fill):
Wood putty used to patch holes or pores in wood.
Submitted on Saturday, November 08, 2014 2:57:28 PM
Definition:The urethane or wax coating used on flooring.
Submitted on Saturday, June 06, 2015 2:57:28 PM
4. Flat Finish-A non-reflective finish.
Submitted on Thursday, September 03, 2015 2:57:28 PM
5. Floating Floor:-A floor system that can be placed on top of an existing floor (and does not need to be nailed down.) Tiles or boards are glued together rather than directly to the sub floor or floor.
Submitted on Friday, April 24, 2015 2:57:28 PM
6. Floating Reducer:A sloping, graduated moulding constructed of wood or polymer, used to join floating floor planks or tiles to an adjoining floor surface of unequal height.
Submitted on Thursday, May 11, 2017 2:57:28 PM
7. Floating Stair Nose:A moulding constructed of wood or polymer, used along the leading edge of a stair tread to finish off the installation of floating floor planks or tiles over existing stair treads.
Submitted on Saturday, May 02, 2015 2:57:28 PM
8. Floor Contacting Surface (FCS):-That part of the foot grounder that makes electrical contact to the grounding surface.
Submitted on Saturday, March 04, 2017 2:57:28 PM
9. Floor Joists:Framing planks underneath the sub floor, underlayment and flooring. They are supported by larger beams, girders or bearing walls.
Submitted on Saturday, October 03, 2015 2:57:28 PM
10. Floor Tile-Tile made to withstand the wear and tear of foot traffic and furniture abrasion.
Submitted on Sunday, December 06, 2015 2:57:28 PM
11. :The total resistance of the foot grounder, when worn by the person, while standing on a static control floor.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 08, 2014 2:57:28 PM
12. Floorologist-Originally trademarked by Arthur Day in 1970 this term refers to a highly trained and experienced floor covering specialist.
Submitted on Friday, September 30, 2016 2:57:28 PM
13. Foam Underlayment
A foam layer put under laminate flooring to even irregularities and to soften sound.
Submitted on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:57:28 PM
14. :Personnel grounding device worn on the shoe. Foot Grounder System A foot grounder properly worn by a person where the electrical path includes the person and the foot grounder.
Submitted on Friday, September 11, 2015 2:57:28 PM
The measure of the total resistance of the foot grounder when worn by the person standing on a stainless steel plate.
Submitted on Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:57:28 PM
16. Frieze-(pronounced "free-zay") A tightly twisted yarn is used to give a rough, nubby appearance to carpet pile. Frieze carpets may be loop or cut styles. It is also carpet made from frieze yarns.
Submitted on Sunday, July 05, 2015 2:57:28 PM
Also known as Twist Pile, Hardtwist, and Hightwist, this style is made of tightly twisted yarn that gives a rough, nubby appearance to carpet pile. Also carpet made from frieze yarns. Frieze carpets are less prone to show footmarks.
Submitted on Saturday, April 16, 2016 2:57:28 PM
18. Frieze:-A carpet style where the yarn is tightly twisted to give it a nubby, rough appearance.
Submitted on Thursday, June 18, 2015 2:57:28 PM
Go Top | Glossary