F Fiberboard | Filler_(or_Fill) | Finish | Flat_Finish | Floating_Floor | Floating_Reducer | Floating_Stair_Nose | Floor_Contacting_Surface_(FCS) | Floor_Joists | Floor_Tile | Flooring/Foot_Grounder_System_Resistance | Floorologist | Foam_Underlayment | Foot_Grounder | Foot_Grounder_System_Resistance | Frieze | Frieze | Frieze |
A generic term for sheet materials.
Submitted on Monday, July 27, 2015 11:10:32 AM
2. Filler (or Fill)-Wood putty used to patch holes or pores in wood.
Submitted on Saturday, September 27, 2014 11:10:32 AM
3. Finish:-The urethane or wax coating used on flooring.
Submitted on Saturday, April 25, 2015 11:10:32 AM
4. Flat Finish:A non-reflective finish.
Submitted on Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:10:32 AM
5. Floating Floor:
A floor system that can be placed on top of an existing floor (and does not need to be nailed down.) Tiles or boards are glued together rather than directly to the sub floor or floor.
Submitted on Friday, March 13, 2015 11:10:32 AM
6. Floating Reducer
A sloping, graduated moulding constructed of wood or polymer, used to join floating floor planks or tiles to an adjoining floor surface of unequal height.
Submitted on Thursday, July 03, 2014 11:10:32 AM
7. Floating Stair Nose:A moulding constructed of wood or polymer, used along the leading edge of a stair tread to finish off the installation of floating floor planks or tiles over existing stair treads.
Submitted on Saturday, March 21, 2015 11:10:32 AM
8. Floor Contacting Surface (FCS):
That part of the foot grounder that makes electrical contact to the grounding surface.
Submitted on Saturday, April 26, 2014 11:10:32 AM
9. Floor Joists:-Framing planks underneath the sub floor, underlayment and flooring. They are supported by larger beams, girders or bearing walls.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 11:10:32 AM
10. Floor Tile
Definition:Tile made to withstand the wear and tear of foot traffic and furniture abrasion.
Submitted on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 11:10:32 AM
The total resistance of the foot grounder, when worn by the person, while standing on a static control floor.
Submitted on Saturday, November 07, 2015 11:10:32 AM
12. Floorologist:-Originally trademarked by Arthur Day in 1970 this term refers to a highly trained and experienced floor covering specialist.
Submitted on Monday, February 02, 2015 11:10:32 AM
13. Foam Underlayment-A foam layer put under laminate flooring to even irregularities and to soften sound.
Submitted on Friday, September 25, 2015 11:10:32 AM
Personnel grounding device worn on the shoe. Foot Grounder System A foot grounder properly worn by a person where the electrical path includes the person and the foot grounder.
Submitted on Monday, October 10, 2016 11:10:32 AM
The measure of the total resistance of the foot grounder when worn by the person standing on a stainless steel plate.
Submitted on Saturday, June 25, 2016 11:10:32 AM
Definition:(pronounced "free-zay") A tightly twisted yarn is used to give a rough, nubby appearance to carpet pile. Frieze carpets may be loop or cut styles. It is also carpet made from frieze yarns.
Submitted on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 11:10:32 AM
Also known as Twist Pile, Hardtwist, and Hightwist, this style is made of tightly twisted yarn that gives a rough, nubby appearance to carpet pile. Also carpet made from frieze yarns. Frieze carpets are less prone to show footmarks.
Submitted on Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:10:32 AM
A carpet style where the yarn is tightly twisted to give it a nubby, rough appearance.
Submitted on Sunday, July 17, 2016 11:10:32 AM
Go Top | Glossary