B Backing | Barrier_strip | Base_Shoe | Baseboard | Below_Grade_Flooring | Berber_carpet | Berber_Carpet | Berber_Carpet | Binding | Binding | Binding | Bloom | Board_Foot | Body_Contacting_Mechanism_(BCM) | Border_Tiles | Bow | Broadloom | Brocade | Bullnose_Trim | Burl |
1. Backing:Fabric or yarns that form the underside or back of a carpet.
Submitted on Monday, September 14, 2020 11:02:33 PM
2. Barrier strip
A device or apparatus that consists of a metal strip and connectors or screws that allow termination and connection of wires or conductors from various components of an electrostatic discharge protected workstation.
Submitted on Saturday, November 16, 2019 11:02:33 PM
3. Base Shoe-Molding used to hide irregularities or spaces along the bottom edges of baseboards.
Submitted on Saturday, June 13, 2020 11:02:33 PM
Definition:Boards placed along the bottom of walls to conceal the place the floor and wall meet.
Submitted on Thursday, September 10, 2020 11:02:33 PM
5. Below Grade Flooring:This is when a floor is either in direct contact with the ground or when it is within 18 inches.
Submitted on Friday, May 01, 2020 11:02:33 PM
6. Berber carpet:-Berber carpet refers to the level-loop or multi-level-loop class and are usually made of earth toned or off-white flecked yarns. Some Berbers include both loop and cut pile in the same carpet. While natural colors are most common, Berber carpet is also available in pastels and dark tones.
Submitted on Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:02:33 PM
7. Berber Carpet:-A style of carpet based on a North African traditional carpet. This style is distinguished by its off-white color and the tightly looped yarn that creates a patterns of thousands of small woven circles.
Submitted on Saturday, May 09, 2020 11:02:33 PM
8. Berber Carpet:The term Berber is applied to carpet that has theoff-white heathered look of clocks used by the Berber tribes of North Africa.Berber carpets use flecked yarns most often in loop styles. The size of the loops vary from large nubby ones to small, fauxiscal styles. Patterned Berbers are multi-level loop as well as cut and loop styles. Berber styles are also available in pastels and dark tones as well as naturals.
Submitted on Saturday, June 15, 2019 11:02:33 PM
9. Binding:The strip sewn over carpet edges to keep it from unraveling.
Submitted on Tuesday, March 26, 2019 11:02:33 PM
A strip of sturdy fabric sewn to carpet edge for protection against unraveling.
Submitted on Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:02:33 PM
11. Binding:A strip sewn over a carpet edge for protection against unraveling. Carpet is bound to form rugs.
Submitted on Saturday, December 26, 2020 11:02:33 PM
12. Bloom-The brightening in linoleum flooring when light hits it. When there is no light on it, most linoleum floors appear yellowish because of the linseed oil used when making it.
Submitted on Monday, March 23, 2020 11:02:33 PM
A way to measure lumber. One board foot equals a board that is one foot long, one foot wide, and 1 inch thick (or its dimensional equivalent.)
Submitted on Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:02:33 PM
14. Body Contacting Mechanism (BCM):The part of the foot grounder that makes electrical contact with the body.
Submitted on Monday, March 04, 2019 11:02:33 PM
15. Border Tiles:-A row of tiles along the perimeter of a room.
Submitted on Saturday, November 17, 2018 11:02:33 PM
The curve of a board when the curve is perpendicular to the flat face.
Submitted on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 11:02:33 PM
17. Broadloom:A term originally used to denote carpet produced in widths wider than six feet. Today carpet comes in 6-foot, 12-foot and 15-foot widths.
Submitted on Tuesday, October 08, 2019 11:02:33 PM
18. Brocade:-The raised or engraved pattern in a carpet or rug.
Submitted on Sunday, December 09, 2018 11:02:33 PM
19. Bullnose Trim-Ceramic trim used along the wall to blend the floor into the wall.
Submitted on Sunday, July 07, 2019 11:02:33 PM
Definition:A swirl of the wood?s grain near a knot (but not the knot.)
Submitted on Friday, October 04, 2019 11:02:33 PM
Go Top | Glossary