A AATCC_134 | Above_Grade_Flooring | ANSI/ESD_S20.20-1999 | Antistatic_Bi-component | Antistatic_Carpet | Auxiliary_ground | Axminster_carpet | Axminster_Carpet | Axminster_Carpet |
1. AATCC 134
(American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorist), Electrostatic propensity of carpets test methodology measures the floors tendency to generate a charge. Simply stated, it measures the amount of static generated by a Neolyte shoe sole stepping on a carpet surface in a controlled room environment at 72 degrees Fahrenheit and 20% R.H.
Submitted on Saturday, September 20, 2014 9:26:07 PM
2. Above Grade Flooring
Definition:A floor that is raised above the ground, leaving at least 18 inches of well ventilated space.
Submitted on Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:26:07 PM
3. ANSI/ESD S20.20-1999:Protection of Electrical and Electronic Parts, Assemblies and Equipment (Excluding Electrically Initiated Explosive Devices covers the requirements necessary to design, establish, implement, and maintain an ESD control program to protect electrical or electronic parts, assemblies and equipment susceptible to ESD damage from Human Body Model (HBM) discharges greater than or equal to 100 volts.
Submitted on Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:26:07 PM
4. Antistatic Bi-component:-a type of yarn commonly found in most commercial and household carpets. The term bi-component refers to the co-extrusion of two materials within the same yarn strand. The internal cross-section of the yarn contains carbon while the surrounding fibers are composed of standard insulative nylon. The bi-component yarn provides an overall reduction in static generation—not a path to ground. Because the outer nylon insulates the internal conductive element, bi-component yarns do not discharge or conduct static electricity. Bi-component yarns cannot be grounded and are not suitable for static control in areas where computers are used.
Submitted on Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:26:07 PM
5. Antistatic Carpet
The term antistatic refers to a condition where static generation is inhibited during contact and separation with a different material. In general, antistatic carpet is any carpet product that will generate less static electricity than standard carpet. Antistatic carpet is not conductive and it is not possible to ground anti-static carpet. Antistatic carpet usually contains bi-component yarns. The reason for specifying antistatic carpet is to establish a space that will be free of static shocks, or zaps. Most new antistatic carpet will prevent shocks as long as the relative humidity (RH) is above 25%. Anti-static carpet should NOT be confused with conductive or ESD carpet. Antistatic is not a permanent property.
Submitted on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 9:26:07 PM
6. Auxiliary ground:
A separate supplemental grounding conductor for use other than general equipment grounding.
Submitted on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 9:26:07 PM
7. Axminster carpet:-A multi-colored carpet in which individual pile tufts are inserted by machine from colored yarn spools. This process allows for a virtually unlimited range of colorful patterns. English in origin.
Submitted on Thursday, February 09, 2017 9:26:07 PM
8. Axminster Carpet:A machine-woven carpet distinguished by having a large variety of colors and patterns. A Turkish style named for the first place it became internationally popular, in England. It has a fine soft pile.
Submitted on Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:26:07 PM
9. Axminster Carpet:A machine-woven carpet where an enormous variety of colors are used to produce colorful patterns.
Submitted on Sunday, December 27, 2015 9:26:07 PM
Go Top | Glossary