T Tackless_installation | Tackless_Installation | Tackless_Installation | Terrazzo | Terrazzo | Terrazzo | Threshold | T-Molding | T-Moulding | Tongue_and_Groove_(T and G) | Topical_Antistat | Total_Cost_of_Ownership | Triboelectric_Charging | Triboelectric_Series | Trim | Trowel | Tufted_Carpet | Tufted_Carpet |
1. Tackless installation:-Wall-to-wall installation of carpet accomplished by stretching carpet to fit over tack embedded wood strips to hold the carpet to the wall.
Submitted on Sunday, February 02, 2020 5:57:03 PM
2. Tackless Installation:
The installation process where a carpet it stretched over a pad and tacked into strips of wood at the walls. Also called wall-to-wall installation.
Submitted on Thursday, April 04, 2019 5:57:03 PM
3. Tackless Installation
Definition:Where carpet is laid over pad and stretched to fit over tack strips, which are specially made strips of wood with implanted tacks to hold the carpet snugly to the wall. Also called wall-to-wall installation.
Submitted on Thursday, October 31, 2019 5:57:03 PM
4. Terrazzo-A multicolored stone floor made of small pieces of stone embedded in cement. The floor is then polished to a high shine.
Submitted on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 5:57:03 PM
5. Terrazzo:-A smooth multicolored floor made of marble or stone chips embedded in a cement binder, then highly polished. Traditionally terrazzo floors are poured and set on site, but manufactured terrazzo tiles are also available.
Submitted on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:57:03 PM
6. Terrazzo:A multi-colored floor made from stone or marble chips embedded in cement.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 06, 2021 5:57:03 PM
7. Threshold-A narrow finishing piece placed directly on the floor to cover the transition from one floor to another (room to room or in a doorway.)
Submitted on Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:57:03 PM
8. T-Molding:-The molding between two areas of wood or flooring.
Submitted on Friday, July 30, 2021 5:57:03 PM
Definition:A T-shaped moulding constructed of wood or polymer used to join floating floor tiles or planks of the same height together in dorrways between rooms. Also used in single large rooms where the distance is extreme and a mid-way joint is required for proper stability of floating floor tiles or planks.
Submitted on Sunday, May 09, 2021 5:57:03 PM
10. Tongue and Groove (T&G)
This refers to flooring boards cut so that one side (the tongue) slides into the opposite side of another board (the groove). It allows little or no glue or fastening.
Submitted on Monday, July 12, 2021 5:57:03 PM
11. Topical Antistat:-An antistat that is applied to the surface of a material for the purpose of making the surface static dissipative or to reduce triboelectric charging.
Submitted on Friday, May 15, 2020 5:57:03 PM
12. Total Cost of Ownership
Definition:The real cost for a product, encompassing materials, installation, maintenance, anticipated repairs and necessary monitoring. For example, a floor requiring periodic buffing and conductive wax applications also requires testing and monitoring after each maintenance interval, to ensure electrical compliance. When maintenance prohibits the use of space, this cost should also be factored in. Monitoring and other hidden costs are often overlooked or ignored in the initial cost analysis.
Submitted on Sunday, August 11, 2019 5:57:03 PM
13. Triboelectric Charging:
The generation of electrostatic charges when two materials make contact or are rubbed together, then separated. (See also Triboelectric series)
Submitted on Thursday, April 02, 2020 5:57:03 PM
14. Triboelectric Series:-A list of materials arranged so that one can become positively charged when separated from one farther down the list, or negatively charged when separated from one farther up the list. Note
Submitted on Sunday, April 18, 2021 5:57:03 PM
15. Trim:The finish in a building applied around openings or at the floor and ceiling of rooms (baseboard, shoe mold, etc.)
Submitted on Friday, January 01, 2021 5:57:03 PM
A tool used to put adhesive on the floor during installation.
Submitted on Monday, February 08, 2021 5:57:03 PM
17. Tufted Carpet:-Carpet manufactured by tufting machines, which insert pile tufts with needles which penetrate a primary backing fabric, thus forming tufts. About 90% of all North American carpet is tufted.
Submitted on Monday, February 25, 2019 5:57:03 PM
18. Tufted Carpet:The most common type of carpet. Tufted carpets are manufactured by sewing yarn into the backing in tufts, or clusters.
Submitted on Friday, January 22, 2021 5:57:03 PM
Go Top | Glossary