P Parquet_Flooring | Parquet_floors | Parquet_Floors | Particleboard | Patching_Compound | Path_to_Ground | Paver_Tile | Personnel_Grounding_Device | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_floors | Pile | Pile | Pile | Pilot_Hole | Pith | Plank | Plank_flooring | Plank_Flooring | Plus_Carpet | Plush_Carpet | Plush_carpet | Plywood | Point-To-Point_Resistance | Polished_Tile | Polyethylene_Film | Porcelain_Enamel_Institute_(PEI)_Rating | Porcelain_Tile | Prefinished_Floor | Printed_carpet | Printed_Carpet | Pull_Bar |
1. Parquet Flooring
Woodwork floors set in geometric forms for design purposes.
Submitted on Monday, February 02, 2015 1:45:19 PM
2. Parquet floors
Definition:Wood flooring, usually in the form of tiles, that is laid to creat a pattern.
Submitted on Saturday, December 31, 2016 1:45:19 PM
3. Parquet Floors:Flooring made up of wood that is laid or inlaid to create patterns, most often geometric ones.
Submitted on Saturday, July 29, 2017 1:45:19 PM
4. Particleboard:-A structural material often used for sub flooring. It is made from wood fragments that are mechanically pressed into a sheet and bonded with resin.
Submitted on Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:45:19 PM
5. Patching Compound
A fill used to smooth or even the sub floor before installing a vinyl floor.
Submitted on Friday, June 16, 2017 1:45:19 PM
6. Path to Ground:
The electrical link between a conductive material and the earth. Electrical conduit is an example of path to ground; the neutral or "green wire" is attached to the conduit and discharges electricity safely to the earth through the metal housing and the pipes, encapsulating the "hot wires." A carpet must contain conductive fibers with external conductivity in order to be attached to a path to ground. Conductive carpet finds a path to ground from the combination of 1) conductive fibers; 2) conductive backing; 3) conductive adhesive; 4) copper grounding strip attached to conduit or building steel. A breach or omission in any of these four mechanisms will result in an open circuit and no path to ground.
Submitted on Thursday, October 06, 2016 1:45:19 PM
7. Paver Tile:
Tile that is larger than six square inches.
Submitted on Saturday, June 24, 2017 1:45:19 PM
8. Personnel Grounding Device
An electrostatic discharge protective device designed to ground any electrostatic charge accumulated on a person.
Submitted on Saturday, July 30, 2016 1:45:19 PM
9. Pickled Floors
The result of rubbing white paint into previously stained and finished wood flooring for an informal or more casual look.
Submitted on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:45:19 PM
10. Pickled Floors-The informal, casual look when you rub white paint into already stained or finished wood flooring.
Submitted on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:45:19 PM
11. Pickled floors
Rustic looking wood flooring that consists rubbed white paint over a finished wood floor.
Submitted on Saturday, May 16, 2015 1:45:19 PM
12. Pile:The visible wear surface of carpet, consisting of yarn tufts in loop and/or cur configuration. Sometimes called the face or nap of the carpet.
Submitted on Monday, May 08, 2017 1:45:19 PM
Definition:General term for the surface or face of non-woven carpet. Pile is made of yarn tufts in loop and/or cut configuration.
Submitted on Friday, April 03, 2015 1:45:19 PM
The face of a carpet composed of cut ends of yarn.
Submitted on Monday, April 18, 2016 1:45:19 PM
15. Pilot Hole:
A pre-drilled hole that makes it easier to nail or screw into a piece of wood without splitting it.
Submitted on Saturday, January 02, 2016 1:45:19 PM
16. Pith-The soft core near the center of a tree trunk or branch.
Submitted on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:45:19 PM
Boards that are three inches or wider.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 1:45:19 PM
18. Plank flooring:
Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3-inches wide.
Submitted on Sunday, January 24, 2016 1:45:19 PM
19. Plank Flooring:Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3 inches wide.
Submitted on Saturday, August 20, 2016 1:45:19 PM
20. Plus Carpet:-A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Friday, November 18, 2016 1:45:19 PM
21. Plush Carpet
A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Saturday, July 09, 2016 1:45:19 PM
22. Plush carpet:(see chart) A smooth, even-cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Friday, October 30, 2015 1:45:19 PM
A material made from sheets of wood glued or cemented together. Used as the underlayment for vinyl flooring. For strength, the grain alternates perpendicularly from piece to piece.
Submitted on Sunday, July 17, 2016 1:45:19 PM
24. Point-To-Point Resistance
Definition:The resistance in ohms measured between two electrodes placed on any surface.
Submitted on Sunday, August 27, 2017 1:45:19 PM
25. Polished Tile
Definition:A ceramic tile that is sanded to achieve a smoother finish.
Submitted on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 1:45:19 PM
26. Polyethylene Film
Plastic sheets used as a vapor barrier to protect against excessive moisture.
Submitted on Thursday, August 06, 2015 1:45:19 PM
27. Porcelain Enamel Institute (PEI) Rating
A rating system for wall and floor tile durability. Similar to the Wear Resistance Rating.
Submitted on Sunday, March 05, 2017 1:45:19 PM
28. Porcelain Tile:A fine-grained ceramic tile made from dry-pressed porcelain clay.
Submitted on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 1:45:19 PM
29. Prefinished Floor
Definition:A finished flooring that requires installation only.
Submitted on Saturday, March 25, 2017 1:45:19 PM
30. Printed carpet:-Carpet having colored patterns applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Monday, July 13, 2015 1:45:19 PM
31. Printed Carpet-Carpet with pattern applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Sunday, March 29, 2015 1:45:19 PM
32. Pull Bar:The tool used to tighten tongue and groove joints during the installation process.
Submitted on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 1:45:19 PM
Go Top | Glossary