P Parquet_Flooring | Parquet_floors | Parquet_Floors | Particleboard | Patching_Compound | Path_to_Ground | Paver_Tile | Personnel_Grounding_Device | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_floors | Pile | Pile | Pile | Pilot_Hole | Pith | Plank | Plank_flooring | Plank_Flooring | Plus_Carpet | Plush_Carpet | Plush_carpet | Plywood | Point-To-Point_Resistance | Polished_Tile | Polyethylene_Film | Porcelain_Enamel_Institute_(PEI)_Rating | Porcelain_Tile | Prefinished_Floor | Printed_carpet | Printed_Carpet | Pull_Bar |
1. Parquet Flooring:Woodwork floors set in geometric forms for design purposes.
Submitted on Friday, October 19, 2018 5:25:35 PM
2. Parquet floors
Wood flooring, usually in the form of tiles, that is laid to creat a pattern.
Submitted on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 5:25:35 PM
3. Parquet Floors-Flooring made up of wood that is laid or inlaid to create patterns, most often geometric ones.
Submitted on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 5:25:35 PM
Definition:A structural material often used for sub flooring. It is made from wood fragments that are mechanically pressed into a sheet and bonded with resin.
Submitted on Monday, October 15, 2018 5:25:35 PM
5. Patching Compound:A fill used to smooth or even the sub floor before installing a vinyl floor.
Submitted on Tuesday, June 05, 2018 5:25:35 PM
6. Path to Ground:-The electrical link between a conductive material and the earth. Electrical conduit is an example of path to ground; the neutral or "green wire" is attached to the conduit and discharges electricity safely to the earth through the metal housing and the pipes, encapsulating the "hot wires." A carpet must contain conductive fibers with external conductivity in order to be attached to a path to ground. Conductive carpet finds a path to ground from the combination of 1) conductive fibers; 2) conductive backing; 3) conductive adhesive; 4) copper grounding strip attached to conduit or building steel. A breach or omission in any of these four mechanisms will result in an open circuit and no path to ground.
Submitted on Monday, September 25, 2017 5:25:35 PM
7. Paver Tile:-Tile that is larger than six square inches.
Submitted on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 5:25:35 PM
8. Personnel Grounding Device:An electrostatic discharge protective device designed to ground any electrostatic charge accumulated on a person.
Submitted on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 5:25:35 PM
9. Pickled Floors-The result of rubbing white paint into previously stained and finished wood flooring for an informal or more casual look.
Submitted on Friday, April 28, 2017 5:25:35 PM
10. Pickled Floors:
The informal, casual look when you rub white paint into already stained or finished wood flooring.
Submitted on Saturday, July 01, 2017 5:25:35 PM
11. Pickled floors:Rustic looking wood flooring that consists rubbed white paint over a finished wood floor.
Submitted on Wednesday, January 30, 2019 5:25:35 PM
12. Pile-The visible wear surface of carpet, consisting of yarn tufts in loop and/or cur configuration. Sometimes called the face or nap of the carpet.
Submitted on Friday, April 27, 2018 5:25:35 PM
General term for the surface or face of non-woven carpet. Pile is made of yarn tufts in loop and/or cut configuration.
Submitted on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:25:35 PM
14. Pile:The face of a carpet composed of cut ends of yarn.
Submitted on Friday, April 07, 2017 5:25:35 PM
15. Pilot Hole:-A pre-drilled hole that makes it easier to nail or screw into a piece of wood without splitting it.
Submitted on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 5:25:35 PM
The soft core near the center of a tree trunk or branch.
Submitted on Sunday, January 29, 2017 5:25:35 PM
17. Plank:Boards that are three inches or wider.
Submitted on Saturday, November 11, 2017 5:25:35 PM
18. Plank flooring:-Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3-inches wide.
Submitted on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:25:35 PM
19. Plank Flooring-Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3 inches wide.
Submitted on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 5:25:35 PM
20. Plus Carpet
Definition:A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 5:25:35 PM
21. Plush Carpet:A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:25:35 PM
22. Plush carpet-(see chart) A smooth, even-cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:25:35 PM
23. Plywood:-A material made from sheets of wood glued or cemented together. Used as the underlayment for vinyl flooring. For strength, the grain alternates perpendicularly from piece to piece.
Submitted on Thursday, July 06, 2017 5:25:35 PM
24. Point-To-Point Resistance
The resistance in ohms measured between two electrodes placed on any surface.
Submitted on Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:25:35 PM
25. Polished Tile
A ceramic tile that is sanded to achieve a smoother finish.
Submitted on Saturday, February 16, 2019 5:25:35 PM
26. Polyethylene Film:Plastic sheets used as a vapor barrier to protect against excessive moisture.
Submitted on Sunday, July 24, 2016 5:25:35 PM
27. Porcelain Enamel Institute (PEI) Rating:A rating system for wall and floor tile durability. Similar to the Wear Resistance Rating.
Submitted on Thursday, February 22, 2018 5:25:35 PM
28. Porcelain Tile-A fine-grained ceramic tile made from dry-pressed porcelain clay.
Submitted on Saturday, May 20, 2017 5:25:35 PM
29. Prefinished Floor
A finished flooring that requires installation only.
Submitted on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 5:25:35 PM
30. Printed carpet
Definition:Carpet having colored patterns applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Saturday, January 26, 2019 5:25:35 PM
31. Printed Carpet:
Carpet with pattern applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:25:35 PM
32. Pull Bar:
The tool used to tighten tongue and groove joints during the installation process.
Submitted on Monday, February 26, 2018 5:25:35 PM
Go Top | Glossary