P Parquet_Flooring | Parquet_floors | Parquet_Floors | Particleboard | Patching_Compound | Path_to_Ground | Paver_Tile | Personnel_Grounding_Device | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_floors | Pile | Pile | Pile | Pilot_Hole | Pith | Plank | Plank_flooring | Plank_Flooring | Plus_Carpet | Plush_Carpet | Plush_carpet | Plywood | Point-To-Point_Resistance | Polished_Tile | Polyethylene_Film | Porcelain_Enamel_Institute_(PEI)_Rating | Porcelain_Tile | Prefinished_Floor | Printed_carpet | Printed_Carpet | Pull_Bar |
1. Parquet Flooring:Woodwork floors set in geometric forms for design purposes.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:37:01 AM
2. Parquet floors
Wood flooring, usually in the form of tiles, that is laid to creat a pattern.
Submitted on Saturday, March 14, 2015 11:37:01 AM
3. Parquet Floors-Flooring made up of wood that is laid or inlaid to create patterns, most often geometric ones.
Submitted on Saturday, October 10, 2015 11:37:01 AM
Definition:A structural material often used for sub flooring. It is made from wood fragments that are mechanically pressed into a sheet and bonded with resin.
Submitted on Thursday, January 07, 2016 11:37:01 AM
5. Patching Compound:A fill used to smooth or even the sub floor before installing a vinyl floor.
Submitted on Friday, August 28, 2015 11:37:01 AM
6. Path to Ground
Definition:The electrical link between a conductive material and the earth. Electrical conduit is an example of path to ground; the neutral or "green wire" is attached to the conduit and discharges electricity safely to the earth through the metal housing and the pipes, encapsulating the "hot wires." A carpet must contain conductive fibers with external conductivity in order to be attached to a path to ground. Conductive carpet finds a path to ground from the combination of 1) conductive fibers; 2) conductive backing; 3) conductive adhesive; 4) copper grounding strip attached to conduit or building steel. A breach or omission in any of these four mechanisms will result in an open circuit and no path to ground.
Submitted on Thursday, December 18, 2014 11:37:01 AM
7. Paver Tile
Definition:Tile that is larger than six square inches.
Submitted on Saturday, September 05, 2015 11:37:01 AM
8. Personnel Grounding Device-An electrostatic discharge protective device designed to ground any electrostatic charge accumulated on a person.
Submitted on Saturday, October 11, 2014 11:37:01 AM
9. Pickled Floors-The result of rubbing white paint into previously stained and finished wood flooring for an informal or more casual look.
Submitted on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:37:01 AM
10. Pickled Floors:
The informal, casual look when you rub white paint into already stained or finished wood flooring.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:37:01 AM
11. Pickled floors:Rustic looking wood flooring that consists rubbed white paint over a finished wood floor.
Submitted on Saturday, June 25, 2016 11:37:01 AM
12. Pile-The visible wear surface of carpet, consisting of yarn tufts in loop and/or cur configuration. Sometimes called the face or nap of the carpet.
Submitted on Monday, September 21, 2015 11:37:01 AM
General term for the surface or face of non-woven carpet. Pile is made of yarn tufts in loop and/or cut configuration.
Submitted on Friday, May 13, 2016 11:37:01 AM
14. Pile:The face of a carpet composed of cut ends of yarn.
Submitted on Monday, September 01, 2014 11:37:01 AM
15. Pilot Hole:-A pre-drilled hole that makes it easier to nail or screw into a piece of wood without splitting it.
Submitted on Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:37:01 AM
The soft core near the center of a tree trunk or branch.
Submitted on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 11:37:01 AM
17. Plank:Boards that are three inches or wider.
Submitted on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 11:37:01 AM
18. Plank flooring:-Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3-inches wide.
Submitted on Saturday, June 07, 2014 11:37:01 AM
19. Plank Flooring-Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3 inches wide.
Submitted on Saturday, January 03, 2015 11:37:01 AM
20. Plus Carpet
Definition:A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Friday, April 03, 2015 11:37:01 AM
21. Plush Carpet:A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Friday, November 21, 2014 11:37:01 AM
22. Plush carpet-(see chart) A smooth, even-cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Friday, March 14, 2014 11:37:01 AM
23. Plywood:-A material made from sheets of wood glued or cemented together. Used as the underlayment for vinyl flooring. For strength, the grain alternates perpendicularly from piece to piece.
Submitted on Saturday, November 29, 2014 11:37:01 AM
24. Point-To-Point Resistance
The resistance in ohms measured between two electrodes placed on any surface.
Submitted on Sunday, January 10, 2016 11:37:01 AM
25. Polished Tile
A ceramic tile that is sanded to achieve a smoother finish.
Submitted on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:37:01 AM
26. Polyethylene Film:Plastic sheets used as a vapor barrier to protect against excessive moisture.
Submitted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 11:37:01 AM
27. Porcelain Enamel Institute (PEI) Rating:A rating system for wall and floor tile durability. Similar to the Wear Resistance Rating.
Submitted on Saturday, July 18, 2015 11:37:01 AM
28. Porcelain Tile-A fine-grained ceramic tile made from dry-pressed porcelain clay.
Submitted on Monday, October 13, 2014 11:37:01 AM
29. Prefinished Floor
A finished flooring that requires installation only.
Submitted on Saturday, June 06, 2015 11:37:01 AM
30. Printed carpet
Definition:Carpet having colored patterns applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 11:37:01 AM
31. Printed Carpet:
Carpet with pattern applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Sunday, March 06, 2016 11:37:01 AM
32. Pull Bar-The tool used to tighten tongue and groove joints during the installation process.
Submitted on Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:37:01 AM
Go Top | Glossary