P Parquet_Flooring | Parquet_floors | Parquet_Floors | Particleboard | Patching_Compound | Path_to_Ground | Paver_Tile | Personnel_Grounding_Device | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_floors | Pile | Pile | Pile | Pilot_Hole | Pith | Plank | Plank_flooring | Plank_Flooring | Plus_Carpet | Plush_Carpet | Plush_carpet | Plywood | Point-To-Point_Resistance | Polished_Tile | Polyethylene_Film | Porcelain_Enamel_Institute_(PEI)_Rating | Porcelain_Tile | Prefinished_Floor | Printed_carpet | Printed_Carpet | Pull_Bar |
1. Parquet Flooring:
Woodwork floors set in geometric forms for design purposes.
Submitted on Monday, November 11, 2019 10:41:06 PM
2. Parquet floors:Wood flooring, usually in the form of tiles, that is laid to creat a pattern.
Submitted on Saturday, January 12, 2019 10:41:06 PM
3. Parquet Floors:-Flooring made up of wood that is laid or inlaid to create patterns, most often geometric ones.
Submitted on Friday, August 09, 2019 10:41:06 PM
4. Particleboard:A structural material often used for sub flooring. It is made from wood fragments that are mechanically pressed into a sheet and bonded with resin.
Submitted on Thursday, November 07, 2019 10:41:06 PM
5. Patching Compound:
A fill used to smooth or even the sub floor before installing a vinyl floor.
Submitted on Friday, June 28, 2019 10:41:06 PM
6. Path to Ground
The electrical link between a conductive material and the earth. Electrical conduit is an example of path to ground; the neutral or "green wire" is attached to the conduit and discharges electricity safely to the earth through the metal housing and the pipes, encapsulating the "hot wires." A carpet must contain conductive fibers with external conductivity in order to be attached to a path to ground. Conductive carpet finds a path to ground from the combination of 1) conductive fibers; 2) conductive backing; 3) conductive adhesive; 4) copper grounding strip attached to conduit or building steel. A breach or omission in any of these four mechanisms will result in an open circuit and no path to ground.
Submitted on Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:41:06 PM
7. Paver Tile
Tile that is larger than six square inches.
Submitted on Saturday, July 06, 2019 10:41:06 PM
8. Personnel Grounding Device:
An electrostatic discharge protective device designed to ground any electrostatic charge accumulated on a person.
Submitted on Saturday, August 11, 2018 10:41:06 PM
9. Pickled Floors:
The result of rubbing white paint into previously stained and finished wood flooring for an informal or more casual look.
Submitted on Monday, May 21, 2018 10:41:06 PM
10. Pickled Floors:-The informal, casual look when you rub white paint into already stained or finished wood flooring.
Submitted on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 10:41:06 PM
11. Pickled floors:
Rustic looking wood flooring that consists rubbed white paint over a finished wood floor.
Submitted on Saturday, February 22, 2020 10:41:06 PM
12. Pile:The visible wear surface of carpet, consisting of yarn tufts in loop and/or cur configuration. Sometimes called the face or nap of the carpet.
Submitted on Monday, August 31, 2020 10:41:06 PM
13. Pile:-General term for the surface or face of non-woven carpet. Pile is made of yarn tufts in loop and/or cut configuration.
Submitted on Wednesday, April 03, 2019 10:41:06 PM
Definition:The face of a carpet composed of cut ends of yarn.
Submitted on Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:41:06 PM
15. Pilot Hole:A pre-drilled hole that makes it easier to nail or screw into a piece of wood without splitting it.
Submitted on Thursday, January 02, 2020 10:41:06 PM
The soft core near the center of a tree trunk or branch.
Submitted on Monday, February 10, 2020 10:41:06 PM
Boards that are three inches or wider.
Submitted on Sunday, December 22, 2019 10:41:07 PM
18. Plank flooring:
Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3-inches wide.
Submitted on Friday, February 22, 2019 10:41:07 PM
19. Plank Flooring:Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3 inches wide.
Submitted on Thursday, September 19, 2019 10:41:07 PM
20. Plus Carpet:-A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Wednesday, December 18, 2019 10:41:07 PM
21. Plush Carpet
A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Thursday, August 08, 2019 10:41:07 PM
22. Plush carpet-(see chart) A smooth, even-cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:41:07 PM
23. Plywood:-A material made from sheets of wood glued or cemented together. Used as the underlayment for vinyl flooring. For strength, the grain alternates perpendicularly from piece to piece.
Submitted on Friday, August 16, 2019 10:41:07 PM
24. Point-To-Point Resistance
Definition:The resistance in ohms measured between two electrodes placed on any surface.
Submitted on Friday, September 25, 2020 10:41:07 PM
25. Polished Tile
Definition:A ceramic tile that is sanded to achieve a smoother finish.
Submitted on Sunday, July 01, 2018 10:41:07 PM
26. Polyethylene Film
Plastic sheets used as a vapor barrier to protect against excessive moisture.
Submitted on Monday, September 03, 2018 10:41:07 PM
27. Porcelain Enamel Institute (PEI) Rating
A rating system for wall and floor tile durability. Similar to the Wear Resistance Rating.
Submitted on Friday, April 03, 2020 10:41:07 PM
28. Porcelain Tile
Definition:A fine-grained ceramic tile made from dry-pressed porcelain clay.
Submitted on Sunday, June 30, 2019 10:41:07 PM
29. Prefinished Floor:
A finished flooring that requires installation only.
Submitted on Thursday, September 06, 2018 10:41:07 PM
30. Printed carpet-Carpet having colored patterns applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Sunday, September 22, 2019 10:41:07 PM
31. Printed Carpet
Definition:Carpet with pattern applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Monday, June 25, 2018 10:41:07 PM
32. Pull Bar:-The tool used to tighten tongue and groove joints during the installation process.
Submitted on Friday, February 22, 2019 10:41:07 PM
Go Top | Glossary