P Parquet_Flooring | Parquet_floors | Parquet_Floors | Particleboard | Patching_Compound | Path_to_Ground | Paver_Tile | Personnel_Grounding_Device | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_Floors | Pickled_floors | Pile | Pile | Pile | Pilot_Hole | Pith | Plank | Plank_flooring | Plank_Flooring | Plus_Carpet | Plush_Carpet | Plush_carpet | Plywood | Point-To-Point_Resistance | Polished_Tile | Polyethylene_Film | Porcelain_Enamel_Institute_(PEI)_Rating | Porcelain_Tile | Prefinished_Floor | Printed_carpet | Printed_Carpet | Pull_Bar |
1. Parquet Flooring:
Woodwork floors set in geometric forms for design purposes.
Submitted on Monday, April 18, 2016 7:17:46 PM
2. Parquet floors-Wood flooring, usually in the form of tiles, that is laid to creat a pattern.
Submitted on Friday, June 19, 2015 7:17:46 PM
3. Parquet Floors:-Flooring made up of wood that is laid or inlaid to create patterns, most often geometric ones.
Submitted on Friday, January 15, 2016 7:17:46 PM
4. Particleboard:A structural material often used for sub flooring. It is made from wood fragments that are mechanically pressed into a sheet and bonded with resin.
Submitted on Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:17:46 PM
5. Patching Compound:
A fill used to smooth or even the sub floor before installing a vinyl floor.
Submitted on Thursday, December 03, 2015 7:17:46 PM
6. Path to Ground
The electrical link between a conductive material and the earth. Electrical conduit is an example of path to ground; the neutral or "green wire" is attached to the conduit and discharges electricity safely to the earth through the metal housing and the pipes, encapsulating the "hot wires." A carpet must contain conductive fibers with external conductivity in order to be attached to a path to ground. Conductive carpet finds a path to ground from the combination of 1) conductive fibers; 2) conductive backing; 3) conductive adhesive; 4) copper grounding strip attached to conduit or building steel. A breach or omission in any of these four mechanisms will result in an open circuit and no path to ground.
Submitted on Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:17:46 PM
7. Paver Tile
Tile that is larger than six square inches.
Submitted on Friday, December 11, 2015 7:17:46 PM
8. Personnel Grounding Device:
An electrostatic discharge protective device designed to ground any electrostatic charge accumulated on a person.
Submitted on Saturday, January 17, 2015 7:17:46 PM
9. Pickled Floors:
The result of rubbing white paint into previously stained and finished wood flooring for an informal or more casual look.
Submitted on Monday, October 27, 2014 7:17:46 PM
10. Pickled Floors
Definition:The informal, casual look when you rub white paint into already stained or finished wood flooring.
Submitted on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 7:17:46 PM
11. Pickled floors:
Rustic looking wood flooring that consists rubbed white paint over a finished wood floor.
Submitted on Saturday, July 30, 2016 7:17:46 PM
12. Pile:-The visible wear surface of carpet, consisting of yarn tufts in loop and/or cur configuration. Sometimes called the face or nap of the carpet.
Submitted on Monday, October 26, 2015 7:17:46 PM
13. Pile-General term for the surface or face of non-woven carpet. Pile is made of yarn tufts in loop and/or cut configuration.
Submitted on Friday, June 17, 2016 7:17:46 PM
The face of a carpet composed of cut ends of yarn.
Submitted on Monday, July 03, 2017 7:17:46 PM
15. Pilot Hole
Definition:A pre-drilled hole that makes it easier to nail or screw into a piece of wood without splitting it.
Submitted on Saturday, March 18, 2017 7:17:46 PM
Definition:The soft core near the center of a tree trunk or branch.
Submitted on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 7:17:46 PM
17. Plank-Boards that are three inches or wider.
Submitted on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 7:17:46 PM
18. Plank flooring
Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3-inches wide.
Submitted on Saturday, April 08, 2017 7:17:46 PM
19. Plank Flooring:-Wood flooring made of long boards more than 3 inches wide.
Submitted on Saturday, February 07, 2015 7:17:46 PM
20. Plus Carpet:A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Friday, May 08, 2015 7:17:46 PM
21. Plush Carpet:
A smooth, dense, cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible, and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Friday, December 26, 2014 7:17:46 PM
22. Plush carpet:-(see chart) A smooth, even-cut pile carpet in which individual tufts are only minimally visible and the overall visual effect is a single level of fiber ends.
Submitted on Friday, January 13, 2017 7:17:46 PM
A material made from sheets of wood glued or cemented together. Used as the underlayment for vinyl flooring. For strength, the grain alternates perpendicularly from piece to piece.
Submitted on Saturday, January 03, 2015 7:17:46 PM
24. Point-To-Point Resistance:The resistance in ohms measured between two electrodes placed on any surface.
Submitted on Sunday, February 14, 2016 7:17:46 PM
25. Polished Tile-A ceramic tile that is sanded to achieve a smoother finish.
Submitted on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:17:46 PM
26. Polyethylene Film:
Plastic sheets used as a vapor barrier to protect against excessive moisture.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:17:46 PM
27. Porcelain Enamel Institute (PEI) Rating:
A rating system for wall and floor tile durability. Similar to the Wear Resistance Rating.
Submitted on Saturday, August 22, 2015 7:17:46 PM
28. Porcelain Tile:-A fine-grained ceramic tile made from dry-pressed porcelain clay.
Submitted on Monday, November 17, 2014 7:17:46 PM
29. Prefinished Floor-A finished flooring that requires installation only.
Submitted on Saturday, July 11, 2015 7:17:46 PM
30. Printed carpet:Carpet having colored patterns applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:17:46 PM
31. Printed Carpet
Definition:Carpet with pattern applied by methods similar to printing flat textiles and paper.
Submitted on Sunday, April 10, 2016 7:17:46 PM
32. Pull Bar:-The tool used to tighten tongue and groove joints during the installation process.
Submitted on Thursday, August 27, 2015 7:17:46 PM
Go Top | Glossary