L Laminate | Laminate | Laminate_flooring | Laminate_Flooring | LAN | Level_Loop | Level_loop_carpet | Linoleum | Linoleum | Linoleum | Locking_Installation_System | Loop_Pile_Carpet | Low_kV |
1. Laminate:-A hard-surface floorcovering made with a melamine-impregnated decor layer with an aluminum oxide finish layer, and a HDF core on top of a melamine backing layer. Laminate floors have a high-resolution photo of wood on the top layer whereas engineered wood floors have a top layer of real wood.
Submitted on Thursday, June 18, 2015 12:05:26 AM
A thin layer of plastic or wood glued to an inner core. Laminate backing refers to a coating fused to the back of a floor to keep it from warping.
Submitted on Tuesday, August 19, 2014 12:05:26 AM
3. Laminate flooring
Definition:Dense fiberboard core with a paper pattern layer sealed under high pressure with a plastic-like substance. Sold as planks and panels in which the paper layer depicts a natural flooring such as wood or stone.
Submitted on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 12:05:26 AM
4. Laminate Flooring-Relatively new to North America, laminates have a dense fiberboard core with a paper pattern layer sealed under high pressure both top and bottom with a plastic-like substance. Sold as planks and panels in wood, stone, tile and other looks.
Submitted on Sunday, June 14, 2015 12:05:26 AM
5. LAN:-An acronym for Local Area Network.
Submitted on Monday, February 02, 2015 12:05:26 AM
6. Level Loop:A carpet style - woven or tufted - with a same height loop surface. See Berber.
Submitted on Sunday, February 19, 2017 12:05:26 AM
7. Level loop carpet:Woven or tufted carpet having all yarns looped to identical heights creating an even or level surface. Berbers are level loop carpets in which the loops are relatively long.
Submitted on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 12:05:26 AM
8. Linoleum:-First resilient floor made of linseed oil, gums, cork or wood dust and pigments. Widely used in the 1950's and greatly admired for the variety of patterns and colors, linoleum was replaced with vinyl flooring and has passed into history. It is no longer available in the United States.
Submitted on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 12:05:26 AM
Definition:A durable, washable, resilient floor covering made from a mixture of rosin, gums, heated linseed oil, powdered cork, and pigments.
Submitted on Friday, September 23, 2016 12:05:26 AM
One of the first resilient floors, it was introduced in the 1800s. Made of linseed oil, gums, cork or wood dust and pigments, linoleum is no longer manufactured in the U.S. Often the term is used incorrectly to describe resilient floors made of vinyl.
Submitted on Saturday, November 26, 2016 12:05:26 AM
11. Locking Installation System:-An easy installation system where tongue and groove flooring boards are locked together.
Submitted on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:05:26 AM
12. Loop Pile Carpet
Definition:Carpet style having a surface made up of uncut loops.
Submitted on Thursday, December 25, 2014 12:05:26 AM
13. Low kV:
Low kV is a synonym for antistatic carpet. Low kV carpet will not generate as much static electricity as standard carpet. Low kV carpet reduces the shock hazards associated with walking on standard carpet. The typical human threshold for feeling a static zap is 3.5 kV or three thousand five hundred (3500) volts. Most low kV carpet will inhibit static sufficiently so the people do not feel painful shocks. Low kV carpet cannot be grounded and will not reduce static electricity when the humidity is low or after extended carpet wear.
Submitted on Monday, August 17, 2015 12:05:26 AM
Go Top | Glossary