F Fiberboard | Filler_(or_Fill) | Finish | Flat_Finish | Floating_Floor | Floating_Reducer | Floating_Stair_Nose | Floor_Contacting_Surface_(FCS) | Floor_Joists | Floor_Tile | Flooring/Foot_Grounder_System_Resistance | Floorologist | Foam_Underlayment | Foot_Grounder | Foot_Grounder_System_Resistance | Frieze | Frieze | Frieze |
A generic term for sheet materials.
Submitted on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 12:14:09 AM
2. Filler (or Fill)-Wood putty used to patch holes or pores in wood.
Submitted on Saturday, November 01, 2014 12:14:09 AM
3. Finish:-The urethane or wax coating used on flooring.
Submitted on Saturday, May 30, 2015 12:14:09 AM
4. Flat Finish-A non-reflective finish.
Submitted on Friday, August 28, 2015 12:14:09 AM
5. Floating Floor:-A floor system that can be placed on top of an existing floor (and does not need to be nailed down.) Tiles or boards are glued together rather than directly to the sub floor or floor.
Submitted on Friday, April 17, 2015 12:14:09 AM
6. Floating Reducer:A sloping, graduated moulding constructed of wood or polymer, used to join floating floor planks or tiles to an adjoining floor surface of unequal height.
Submitted on Friday, August 08, 2014 12:14:09 AM
7. Floating Stair Nose:A moulding constructed of wood or polymer, used along the leading edge of a stair tread to finish off the installation of floating floor planks or tiles over existing stair treads.
Submitted on Saturday, April 25, 2015 12:14:09 AM
8. Floor Contacting Surface (FCS):-That part of the foot grounder that makes electrical contact to the grounding surface.
Submitted on Sunday, February 26, 2017 12:14:09 AM
9. Floor Joists:-Framing planks underneath the sub floor, underlayment and flooring. They are supported by larger beams, girders or bearing walls.
Submitted on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 12:14:09 AM
10. Floor Tile
Definition:Tile made to withstand the wear and tear of foot traffic and furniture abrasion.
Submitted on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 12:14:09 AM
11. :-The total resistance of the foot grounder, when worn by the person, while standing on a static control floor.
Submitted on Sunday, December 13, 2015 12:14:09 AM
Definition:Originally trademarked by Arthur Day in 1970 this term refers to a highly trained and experienced floor covering specialist.
Submitted on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 12:14:09 AM
13. Foam Underlayment:
A foam layer put under laminate flooring to even irregularities and to soften sound.
Submitted on Saturday, October 31, 2015 12:14:09 AM
14. :-Personnel grounding device worn on the shoe. Foot Grounder System A foot grounder properly worn by a person where the electrical path includes the person and the foot grounder.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 12:14:09 AM
The measure of the total resistance of the foot grounder when worn by the person standing on a stainless steel plate.
Submitted on Sunday, July 31, 2016 12:14:09 AM
Definition:(pronounced "free-zay") A tightly twisted yarn is used to give a rough, nubby appearance to carpet pile. Frieze carpets may be loop or cut styles. It is also carpet made from frieze yarns.
Submitted on Thursday, September 08, 2016 12:14:09 AM
Also known as Twist Pile, Hardtwist, and Hightwist, this style is made of tightly twisted yarn that gives a rough, nubby appearance to carpet pile. Also carpet made from frieze yarns. Frieze carpets are less prone to show footmarks.
Submitted on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:14:09 AM
18. Frieze:A carpet style where the yarn is tightly twisted to give it a nubby, rough appearance.
Submitted on Sunday, August 21, 2016 12:14:09 AM
Go Top | Glossary