F Fiberboard | Filler_(or_Fill) | Finish | Flat_Finish | Floating_Floor | Floating_Reducer | Floating_Stair_Nose | Floor_Contacting_Surface_(FCS) | Floor_Joists | Floor_Tile | Flooring/Foot_Grounder_System_Resistance | Floorologist | Foam_Underlayment | Foot_Grounder | Foot_Grounder_System_Resistance | Frieze | Frieze | Frieze |
1. Fiberboard-A generic term for sheet materials.
Submitted on Friday, July 17, 2015 11:38:28 AM
2. Filler (or Fill):Wood putty used to patch holes or pores in wood.
Submitted on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 11:38:28 AM
The urethane or wax coating used on flooring.
Submitted on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 11:38:28 AM
4. Flat Finish
A non-reflective finish.
Submitted on Monday, July 13, 2015 11:38:28 AM
5. Floating Floor:
A floor system that can be placed on top of an existing floor (and does not need to be nailed down.) Tiles or boards are glued together rather than directly to the sub floor or floor.
Submitted on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 11:38:28 AM
6. Floating Reducer
A sloping, graduated moulding constructed of wood or polymer, used to join floating floor planks or tiles to an adjoining floor surface of unequal height.
Submitted on Monday, June 23, 2014 11:38:28 AM
7. Floating Stair Nose
A moulding constructed of wood or polymer, used along the leading edge of a stair tread to finish off the installation of floating floor planks or tiles over existing stair treads.
Submitted on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 11:38:28 AM
8. Floor Contacting Surface (FCS):
That part of the foot grounder that makes electrical contact to the grounding surface.
Submitted on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:38:28 AM
9. Floor Joists:
Framing planks underneath the sub floor, underlayment and flooring. They are supported by larger beams, girders or bearing walls.
Submitted on Saturday, January 25, 2014 11:38:28 AM
10. Floor Tile:-Tile made to withstand the wear and tear of foot traffic and furniture abrasion.
Submitted on Sunday, March 30, 2014 11:38:28 AM
11. -The total resistance of the foot grounder, when worn by the person, while standing on a static control floor.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:38:28 AM
Originally trademarked by Arthur Day in 1970 this term refers to a highly trained and experienced floor covering specialist.
Submitted on Monday, March 30, 2015 11:38:28 AM
13. Foam Underlayment:A foam layer put under laminate flooring to even irregularities and to soften sound.
Submitted on Friday, November 20, 2015 11:38:28 AM
14. -Personnel grounding device worn on the shoe. Foot Grounder System A foot grounder properly worn by a person where the electrical path includes the person and the foot grounder.
Submitted on Monday, March 10, 2014 11:38:28 AM
Definition:The measure of the total resistance of the foot grounder when worn by the person standing on a stainless steel plate.
Submitted on Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:38:28 AM
16. Frieze:-(pronounced "free-zay") A tightly twisted yarn is used to give a rough, nubby appearance to carpet pile. Frieze carpets may be loop or cut styles. It is also carpet made from frieze yarns.
Submitted on Tuesday, December 31, 2013 11:38:28 AM
17. Frieze-Also known as Twist Pile, Hardtwist, and Hightwist, this style is made of tightly twisted yarn that gives a rough, nubby appearance to carpet pile. Also carpet made from frieze yarns. Frieze carpets are less prone to show footmarks.
Submitted on Monday, October 13, 2014 11:38:28 AM
Definition:A carpet style where the yarn is tightly twisted to give it a nubby, rough appearance.
Submitted on Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:38:28 AM
Go Top | Glossary