F Fiberboard | Filler_(or_Fill) | Finish | Flat_Finish | Floating_Floor | Floating_Reducer | Floating_Stair_Nose | Floor_Contacting_Surface_(FCS) | Floor_Joists | Floor_Tile | Flooring/Foot_Grounder_System_Resistance | Floorologist | Foam_Underlayment | Foot_Grounder | Foot_Grounder_System_Resistance | Frieze | Frieze | Frieze |
1. Fiberboard:-A generic term for sheet materials.
Submitted on Monday, April 28, 2014 10:37:59 PM
2. Filler (or Fill):
Wood putty used to patch holes or pores in wood.
Submitted on Saturday, March 26, 2016 10:37:59 PM
The urethane or wax coating used on flooring.
Submitted on Saturday, January 25, 2014 10:37:59 PM
4. Flat Finish:
A non-reflective finish.
Submitted on Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:37:59 PM
5. Floating Floor
Definition:A floor system that can be placed on top of an existing floor (and does not need to be nailed down.) Tiles or boards are glued together rather than directly to the sub floor or floor.
Submitted on Friday, December 13, 2013 10:37:59 PM
6. Floating Reducer-A sloping, graduated moulding constructed of wood or polymer, used to join floating floor planks or tiles to an adjoining floor surface of unequal height.
Submitted on Thursday, December 31, 2015 10:37:59 PM
7. Floating Stair Nose-A moulding constructed of wood or polymer, used along the leading edge of a stair tread to finish off the installation of floating floor planks or tiles over existing stair treads.
Submitted on Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:37:59 PM
8. Floor Contacting Surface (FCS)
Definition:That part of the foot grounder that makes electrical contact to the grounding surface.
Submitted on Saturday, October 24, 2015 10:37:59 PM
9. Floor Joists
Definition:Framing planks underneath the sub floor, underlayment and flooring. They are supported by larger beams, girders or bearing walls.
Submitted on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 10:37:59 PM
10. Floor Tile
Tile made to withstand the wear and tear of foot traffic and furniture abrasion.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 10:37:59 PM
Definition:The total resistance of the foot grounder, when worn by the person, while standing on a static control floor.
Submitted on Saturday, August 09, 2014 10:37:59 PM
Originally trademarked by Arthur Day in 1970 this term refers to a highly trained and experienced floor covering specialist.
Submitted on Monday, November 04, 2013 10:37:59 PM
13. Foam Underlayment:-A foam layer put under laminate flooring to even irregularities and to soften sound.
Submitted on Friday, June 27, 2014 10:37:59 PM
Definition:Personnel grounding device worn on the shoe. Foot Grounder System A foot grounder properly worn by a person where the electrical path includes the person and the foot grounder.
Submitted on Monday, July 13, 2015 10:37:59 PM
15. :The measure of the total resistance of the foot grounder when worn by the person standing on a stainless steel plate.
Submitted on Saturday, March 28, 2015 10:37:59 PM
(pronounced "free-zay") A tightly twisted yarn is used to give a rough, nubby appearance to carpet pile. Frieze carpets may be loop or cut styles. It is also carpet made from frieze yarns.
Submitted on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 10:37:59 PM
17. Frieze:-Also known as Twist Pile, Hardtwist, and Hightwist, this style is made of tightly twisted yarn that gives a rough, nubby appearance to carpet pile. Also carpet made from frieze yarns. Frieze carpets are less prone to show footmarks.
Submitted on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:37:59 PM
18. Frieze-A carpet style where the yarn is tightly twisted to give it a nubby, rough appearance.
Submitted on Sunday, April 19, 2015 10:37:59 PM
Go Top | Glossary