D Decay_time | Decor_Layer | Dense_Networked_Office | Dhurrie | Dhurrie | Dhurrie | Dielectric | Dielectric_strength | Dimensional_Stability | Discharge_Time | Dissipative_Tile | Distressed | Drum_Sander |
1. Decay time:-The time required for an electrostatic potential to be reduced to a given percentage (usually 10%) of its initial value. (See Static Decay Test.)
Submitted on Monday, January 18, 2016 2:45:24 PM
2. Decor Layer:
The top finish layer of a laminate floating floor, adhered to an HDF core. The decor surface is a photographic reproduction of a real-wood surface or ceramic tile. The decor layer is covered with a top layer made of aluminum oxide.
Submitted on Saturday, March 21, 2015 2:45:24 PM
3. Dense Networked Office
Definition:Area within a building that uses LAN based networks in 8' x 8' furniture cubicles, or less.
Submitted on Saturday, October 17, 2015 2:45:24 PM
4. Dhurrie-Dhurrie carpets are flat-woven rugs of cotton or silk. Traditionally made in India, they come in a wide range of colors and distinctive patterns.
Submitted on Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:45:24 PM
5. Dhurrie:-Flat woven rugs or carpets made from cotton or silk. Traditional to India, they have soft colorations and varied patterns.
Submitted on Friday, September 04, 2015 2:45:24 PM
6. Dhurrie:Dhurrie rugs and carpets flat woven items traditional to India, made of cotton or silk. They are noted for soft colorations and varied patterns.
Submitted on Thursday, December 25, 2014 2:45:24 PM
7. Dielectric:An insulating material that can sustain an electric field with little current flow.
Submitted on Saturday, September 12, 2015 2:45:24 PM
8. Dielectric strength:-The maximum electric field that a dielectric can sustain.
Submitted on Saturday, July 15, 2017 2:45:24 PM
9. Dimensional Stability:-The ability of flooring to keep its original dimensions throughout the lifespan of the product. High dimensional stability means the floor does not warp, shrink or expand very much.
Submitted on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 2:45:24 PM
10. Discharge Time
Definition:The time necessary for a voltage (due to an electrostatic charge) to decay from an initial value to some arbitrarily chosen final value.
Submitted on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 2:45:24 PM
11. Dissipative Tile:-A floor tile material used for the mitigation of electrostatic discharge (ESD). Usually composed of carpet, synthetic rubber or vinyl composition.It is important to differentiate between the terms SDT and static dissipative. By definition, a static dissipative floor tile inherently meets the electrical properties of "static dissipative flooring" without the use of antistatic waxes, finishes and glazes. A static dissipative tile is not necessarily antistatic and should be carefully evaluated in applications where special controlled footwear will not be used. Static dissipative vinyl is a static generator in combination with people and standard footwear. Static dissipative rubber inhibits the generation of static in combination with people wearing standard footwear.
Submitted on Saturday, April 30, 2016 2:45:24 PM
Definition:An artificial texture where the floor has been scratched, scraped, or gouged to give it an antique look. Often done by wire brushing.
Submitted on Monday, July 27, 2015 2:45:24 PM
13. Drum Sander:
A floor sander the size of a lawn mower used on wood flooring.
Submitted on Friday, March 18, 2016 2:45:24 PM
Go Top | Glossary