B Backing | Barrier_strip | Base_Shoe | Baseboard | Below_Grade_Flooring | Berber_carpet | Berber_Carpet | Berber_Carpet | Binding | Binding | Binding | Bloom | Board_Foot | Body_Contacting_Mechanism_(BCM) | Border_Tiles | Bow | Broadloom | Brocade | Bullnose_Trim | Burl |
Fabric or yarns that form the underside or back of a carpet.
Submitted on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:41:22 PM
2. Barrier strip-A device or apparatus that consists of a metal strip and connectors or screws that allow termination and connection of wires or conductors from various components of an electrostatic discharge protected workstation.
Submitted on Sunday, November 11, 2018 10:41:22 PM
3. Base Shoe:-Molding used to hide irregularities or spaces along the bottom edges of baseboards.
Submitted on Sunday, June 09, 2019 10:41:22 PM
4. Baseboard:Boards placed along the bottom of walls to conceal the place the floor and wall meet.
Submitted on Saturday, September 07, 2019 10:41:22 PM
5. Below Grade Flooring:
This is when a floor is either in direct contact with the ground or when it is within 18 inches.
Submitted on Saturday, April 27, 2019 10:41:22 PM
6. Berber carpet
Berber carpet refers to the level-loop or multi-level-loop class and are usually made of earth toned or off-white flecked yarns. Some Berbers include both loop and cut pile in the same carpet. While natural colors are most common, Berber carpet is also available in pastels and dark tones.
Submitted on Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:41:22 PM
7. Berber Carpet:A style of carpet based on a North African traditional carpet. This style is distinguished by its off-white color and the tightly looped yarn that creates a patterns of thousands of small woven circles.
Submitted on Monday, May 06, 2019 10:41:22 PM
8. Berber Carpet:-The term Berber is applied to carpet that has theoff-white heathered look of clocks used by the Berber tribes of North Africa.Berber carpets use flecked yarns most often in loop styles. The size of the loops vary from large nubby ones to small, fauxiscal styles. Patterned Berbers are multi-level loop as well as cut and loop styles. Berber styles are also available in pastels and dark tones as well as naturals.
Submitted on Monday, June 11, 2018 10:41:22 PM
9. Binding:-The strip sewn over carpet edges to keep it from unraveling.
Submitted on Wednesday, December 16, 2020 10:41:22 PM
Definition:A strip of sturdy fabric sewn to carpet edge for protection against unraveling.
Submitted on Thursday, May 24, 2018 10:41:22 PM
A strip sewn over a carpet edge for protection against unraveling. Carpet is bound to form rugs.
Submitted on Monday, December 23, 2019 10:41:22 PM
12. Bloom:-The brightening in linoleum flooring when light hits it. When there is no light on it, most linoleum floors appear yellowish because of the linseed oil used when making it.
Submitted on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:41:22 PM
13. -A way to measure lumber. One board foot equals a board that is one foot long, one foot wide, and 1 inch thick (or its dimensional equivalent.)
Submitted on Sunday, November 10, 2019 10:41:22 PM
14. Body Contacting Mechanism (BCM):
The part of the foot grounder that makes electrical contact with the body.
Submitted on Wednesday, November 25, 2020 10:41:22 PM
15. Border Tiles
A row of tiles along the perimeter of a room.
Submitted on Monday, August 10, 2020 10:41:22 PM
Definition:The curve of a board when the curve is perpendicular to the flat face.
Submitted on Friday, September 18, 2020 10:41:22 PM
A term originally used to denote carpet produced in widths wider than six feet. Today carpet comes in 6-foot, 12-foot and 15-foot widths.
Submitted on Thursday, October 04, 2018 10:41:22 PM
The raised or engraved pattern in a carpet or rug.
Submitted on Monday, August 31, 2020 10:41:22 PM
19. Bullnose Trim:-Ceramic trim used along the wall to blend the floor into the wall.
Submitted on Monday, July 02, 2018 10:41:22 PM
20. Burl:A swirl of the wood?s grain near a knot (but not the knot.)
Submitted on Sunday, September 30, 2018 10:41:22 PM
Go Top | Glossary